CHAPTER TWENTY

I want to encourage you guys to please be voting okay? it really helps me with updating for you guys on time.

******

Umairah

I sat up resting my back on the pillow feeling nauseous the hospital surroundings is starting to get to me, I've never liked hospitals.

"Are you ready?." My mom asked seeping her coffee. I crunched my nose in disgust. "You have no idea."

Since the accident I've been stuck in this room for a year now (kidding) only a week and 5 days but it feels like eternity.

My head still hurts from time to time the doctor said I will be feeling dizzy and sometimes a migraine but there's no guarantee for that. My head injury was really bad thank God I didn't suffer any memory loss but he also said I'll be having short time amnesias but it won't last long.

The worst part was that they had to cut my hair, so what they did was cut my back hair really low to access my wound and to make it a little even so I won't look like a freak Amal suggested that I level my hair completely, now my luscious thick black brownish long hair is gone letting the rest stop on my shoulder.

God I hate it.

Anyways I'm so happy my family is here but I wished they would have have come in a more better time oh well Allah(God) has his own plans.

I hadn't seen Manan since the whole incident nor Umar either and I pray he has left the house cause I don't really want to face him right now after what he did to me.

As for Manan, mom said he's really busy and that he comes to visit me but I'm already asleep.

Manal and Ahad except for Zayd who was busy also came to visit I was so ecstatic, they tried their best to cheer me up all the time.

They were at home right now getting ready for my return home. I wore my sandals on before taking a seat on the wheel chair the doctor said I had to use it for a few days or my crutches.

He said I had twisted my left ankle while trying to break the fall I now have an uncomfortable cast on my leg.

Alhamdulilah ( Thank God) I'm still alive even till now I can still see the fear and guilt in my mom's eyes it must have been horrible seeing her daughter laying on the floor almost life less.

I cringed.

I sat in the car getting comfy as the drive home began.

Their were balloons hung and some were also on the floor. Up the stairs between the outer staircase their was a banner which read "welcome back." I smiled over at Ahad.

I have such wonderful family.

"she's here." yelled Manal hugging me carefully so did the rest.

"How are you baby girl?." ugh he shouldn't start with that name again.

I smiled. "I'm good".

"come see what we made for you." Aunt Raheena wheeled me to the lounge where a 3 tiered chocolate cake on a table with 3 candles waiting to be blown.

"Guys it's not my birthday." I laughed looking at the stack of gifts close to the cake.

"It doesn't matter whether or not it's your birthday we must always celebrate and thank God for having you in our lives." Ahad said walking in with a tray of samosas which smelled divine.

He smiled dropping the tray on the table which was already full of other delicacies. At least it will be able to serve all the times I've spent in the hospitals.

"I missed you darling." he hugged me tightly as if I was going to disappear any moment.

"I missed you too." I wiped the stray tear away feeling my excitement come back. "let's cut the cake." My mom handed the knife to me I cut the cake and I shared it around I noticed everyone was here except him even our newly appointed maids were here.

After the welcome back celebration I was taken up to my room it was difficult at first but Ahmad insisted on helping so he carried me up bridal style I was laughing at the faces he made saying that I weighed a ton.

I laid on my bed feeling more relaxed and relieved than ever I closed my eyes the images of what happened to me replaying in my mind.

Umar trying to force his self on me, me trying to push him away and when things turned ugly.

I sighed a new wave of emotion overcame me and I felt a bit scared what if he comes back again? And tries to force his self on me again what then?.

"where's your mind at?." Ahad poked my cheek bringing me back from my memory Lane.

I shook my head. "Nowhere." but he didn't look convinced at all, he eyed me skeptically. "umairah."

"Ahad." He frowned.

"you know you can tell me if something is bothering you right?."

I smiled and hugged him pecking his cheek. "of course."

"But for now nothing is bothering me and if there is you'll be the first person to know okay?."

"It better be."

I smiled. "of course."

"Now get some rest and call me if you need anything." He paused before giving a cheeky line by my puth. " I'm only one call away." He smirked kissing my forehead.

I slapped my forehead. "get out." He laughed leaving my room.

I sighed feeling relaxed to be in my own room on my comfy bed. Strange how life is a month ago I felt like I was imprisoned within my self but now I'm glad to be home my own home.

Weird.

I would have laughed and joked about it if someone were to tell me I was betrothed and then married off at 17, have my own house with a husband whom I'm still learning to understand.

I stretched my limbs wincing when I moved my left leg. "This is going to be hard." I adjusted myself on the bed trying to feel comfortable I leaned back closing my eyes.

My eyelids felt heavy as it began to flutter close I wasn't sure if it was a dream or not but I heard the sound of footsteps and someone whispering. "I'm sorry." before placing a kiss on my now closed eyes.

A smile stretched on my lips.

Nahh I'm dreaming.

~~~~~~~•••••••••~~~~~~•••••••••

Short I know next one won't be promise

Hope no ones shooting a dagger at me right now.🤣

I'm so sorry for the long wait but it's finally here at last we've reached chap twenty(20). Yay💫

Anyways pls continue to vote and comment it makes me very happy you have no idea.

Vote✔
Comment🙌
& share👨‍👩‍👧‍👧