CHAPTER FOUR

The car pulled off in the once familiar compound of my family's house. It has been a whole five years now and it was looking as beautiful as ever.

I stepped out of the car feeling the cool breeze on my skin making goose bumps rise. I smiled contented, I've truly missed home.

I stood by a fountain which was springing water out, on the far side there were two twin set swings which I loved to play with when I was a kid. So many memories here both good and bad.

I walked up to the front porch as the chauffeur brought up all my bags for me.

"Thanks, Mr. Isaac." I thanked to which he nodded his head with a smile.

"My pleasure." He uttered before walking away to park the car in the garage.

I was about to ring the bell when the door flew open standing in front of me was my elder sister Amal.

"She's here." Amal yelled as she pulled me into a hug, I hugged her back tightly already feeling at home.

"I've missed you much Umairah." Amal said letting me go, her eyes were now glossy with tears and so were mine.

"I've missed you more Amal, believe me." I said smiling at her to which she beamed back.

"Oh, we have a lot of catching up to do. Come in." She said helping me to roll my bags.

My eyes trailed the whole house the interior design was on point and and more modern looking than last time.

"Umairah, my baby." I grinned when I heard the voice of the person I've missed the most among all, my mother.

"Mom." I mumbled.

She pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Umairah I've missed you so much." She uttered patting my head lovingly.

It's been long since I saw my mom, since the day I was taken to Egypt she never once visited me only phone calla which I rarely answered because a part of me still blames her for what happened.

I never understood why they didn't come often to visit me. I shook the thought off not wanting to dwell on it anymore.

I looked around not seeing any of my cousins as Aunt Raheena made her presence known.

"Ah, Umairah you're finally here." She smiled at me but I could tell that it wasn't genuine.

"Yes Aunt, Assalam wa alaykum." I greeted wanting to seem polite.

"Wa alaykum salam." She responded.

"Amal, Where are Sarah, Manal, Haneef and Ahad?." I asked sitting on the chair as a maid brought me water which I gulped down after muttering a bismillah(In the name of Allah).

"Actually dear, they didn't know you were coming today. We wanted to surprise them." My mom said her face full of glee.

I smiled just looking at her all the prolong grudge I held against her dissipating.

"Ohh, well they'll be in for a surprise that's for sure." I chuckled.

"Ah, Umairah you must be tired go in and rest before they get back." Amal said as she escorted me into my old room, as my mom went into the kitchen to get me something to eat.

I entered the room switching the lights on. It was just how I remembered it years ago.

"Mom had been personally cleaning it, waiting for the day you'll finally come back home to her." Amal uttered while I just nodded my head not saying anything.

"And father?." I asked after few seconds.

Amal sat on the bed beside me. "Well, he's actually not in the country as of now but will be back early in the morning by tomorrow."