Part 29 - 30th September 1969

Paul and Lucy lay wrapped around each other, having just made love. Paul looked at her and smiled.

"What's the matter?" she asked softly.

"You. Every morning for the last week you've woken me up demanding sex." He kissed her, "And you want it during the day, given chance! You're rampant woman and I love it!"

Lucy chuckled. "Make the most of it Paul!" she told him, "Currently my hormones are making me super randy. Be warned, in a few weeks I could be the total opposite!"

He kissed her again. "I don't care whether you're randy or not, I just love you. I've never felt as happy as I do with you!"

Lucy reached up and put her arms around him. "There is one thing that you might not be so happy about Paul." She grimaced at him.

"What's that?" Paul looked worried.

"I'm going to have to pack and move back home later today."

"Why?"

"Paul, we discussed this! Have you forgotten that my grandparents arrive from France later today?" Lucy was exasperated with him.

"Yes, of course I know that but why do you need to go home?"

"Paul love, my grandparents are very...old fashioned, traditional, however you want to describe it. They would be very shocked if they knew I was living with you. It would only be for a few days anyway. We get married on Saturday!"

"But isn't it a bit late to be all coy and shy though?" asked Paul, "I mean, it's fairly obvious now that you're pregnant Lucy! That like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted!"

Lucy laughed at his comment. "I know, I agree with you but they'll give dad a hard time about it!" said Lucy, "and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure they know I'm pregnant yet!"

"You're joking!"

She shook her head. "I know it would mean a lot to dad though Paul. It's been so supportive of both of us. My grandparents will make a fuss about the fact I'm pregnant, I know they will. They'll make comments about dad's parenting more than usual They still blame dad for mum's accident because she'd come to London with him. It's not fair on dad to leave him with it all."

"I know." He kissed her, "This house will be awfully empty without you here though! I will see you during the day though, won't I? And I presume I'll meet them before the actual wedding day?"

"Of course but I'm not sure about when yet though. It'll depend on what time they arrive today and how everyone feels tomorrow." She studied his face, "I need to make sure everywhere is ready and the room aired and stuff."

"Why though?" asked Paul, "I've been paying Rose to do work for your dad since you moved out so it'll all be done! You know how thorough and efficient she is."

"I know but I just want to double check, for dad's sake. I can also cook and make sure everyone has what they need." She kissed him, "Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything mad! Just make sure you ring me every day! I'll go stir crazy stuck with them and not you otherwise!"

A few hours later a reluctant Paul carried Lucy's case into her father's house. He put it down then pulled her to him.

"I don't want to go!" he told her.

"I know but Paul, we discussed this. It's just a few days!"

Daniel came into the hall.

"Hi dad!" Lucy moved from Paul and hugged her father, "You OK?"