Part 33 - 15th October 1969

Lucy sat in the living at Cavendish Avenue and looked around. It felt good to be home at last! Paul came into the room carrying a tray with two cups on it.

"There you go Mrs. McCartney." he smiled at her, handing her a cup. He sat down next to her/ "How are you feeling now?"

Lucy grinned at him. "It's so nice to be home at last! I feel like I've been away for months!"

"Still, you're home for good now!" said Paul hugging her, "And it's our family home from now on Lucy love!"

"Very true!" she laughed. "And everything will change in just a few months!"

"Well, there's was something I wanted to talk to you about now you're home."

"Oh?"

"Well, when you were in hospital, somehow news got out that you and I were married Lucy."

"When? Why didn't you tell me?" Lucy was alarmed.

"Because I didn't want you getting worked up, like you are now!" exclaimed Paul, "Please Lucy, keep calm!"

"I am calm!" Lucy looked at him, "Don't try and wrap me up in cotton wool Paul. I know exactly what I can and can't do!"

"I know. I'm sorry!" He kissed her softly, "It's just so nice to have you home at last. I don't want you to disappear into the hospital again!"

"Neither do I!" Lucy laughed, "Not until these two want to make their appearance anyway!" She paused and looked at Paul, a serious expression on her face. "So what did you want to talk about after all?"

"There's been loads of speculation about whether we're married. I've said nothing so far whilst you were in hospital. The thing is, now that you're home, we'll start having the press hassle again. So I wondered how would you feel if we agreed to do an interview together? Tell them we're married, about the twins everything."

"You think it would stop them hassling us?"

"It could do. Once the story is out there, it's not as much fun as speculating things."

"I suppose." Lucy looked doubtful.

"We could do the interview here. It would be recorded and we would get to see it. You can veto any part you're not happy with. What do you think?"

"I suppose if you think it would help then, OK. I'll give it a go."

"Oh Lucy, thank you!" Paul hugged her, "You won't regret this I promise!" He leaned in and kissed her. She responded enthusiastically and very soon they were both very aroused. Suddenly Paul pulled away. "Sorry love!" he whispered breathlessly, "You know what the doctor said!"

Lucy groaned in frustration. "It's not fair!" she complained, "I want you!"

"The doctor said sex is bad for your blood pressure, so no!" said Paul firmly.

Lucy reached down to his crotch and fondled him. "Don't you want to make love Paul?"

He backed out of her reach. "Of course I do Lucy love but you'd end up back in hospital! I'd rather have you home and celibate then have sex and you be readmitted love. I'm sorry!" He stepped forward and put his arms around her. "I love you sweetheart. We can wait as long as we need to."

"I might explode with frustration first!" said Lucy crossly, making Paul laugh. "It's not fair!"

A week after her return home, it been arranged for Lucy to meet David Frost. He was a TV presenter who had interviewed Paul several times and now knew each other well. The meeting was for the three of them to talk, explain what they wanted out of the interview and then to discuss possible questions. Lucy was understandably nervous about the meeting and the forthcoming interview. However, Lucy found that after being introduced the David, she liked him immediately. He chatted to her in a comfortable manner sat at the kitchen table and listened as Paul proudly announced that they were expecting twins.