Part 52 - 6th October 1971

"Happy Anniversary my love!" said Paul, standing by the bed, a breakfast tray in hand.

Lucy sat up and grinned. "You remembered!"

"As if I'll ever forget the best day of my life!" he cried indignantly.

"Sorry!" Lucy blew him a kiss, "So what's this?"

"Breakfast in bed for my lady."

Lucy glanced at the clock. "It's gone nine! Why didn't you wake me sooner? What about the children?"

"All three are currently sat with Klaus eating breakfast. You my love," he placed the tray on her knee and then kissed her, "Get to eat with TWO HANDS and uninterrupted!" He laughed. "Can you remember those days from long ago when we had both hands to eat with inside of eating one handed with a grizzling baby in the other?"

"NO! Not any more!" Lucy laughed, "Wow! What a treat! Thank you!"

"My pleasure!" Paul stood up again, "Right, I'll leave you in peace. Eat, shower whatever, I'm in charge of the kids. OK?"
"Thanks love!

"You deserve it!" Paul kissed her once more, "You deserve it my love!"

By the time Lucy joined the family downstairs Paul had taken all three children into his music room with himself and Klaus. The boys as always made a beeline for the guitars stood against the wall whilst Mary, perched on Paul's knee, banged on the piano. Lucy followed the noise and went into the room.

"Morning Klaus! Hello children!"

"Mumma!" James shouted, abandoning the guitar now and running to her, Daniel following him.

Lucy took Mary from Paul and then offered her free hand to the boys. "Come on then. Let's go and play shall we and let daddy and Klaus do their work."

"Lucy love..." began Paul.

She shook her head. "I WANT you to stay and work Paul love. Go on....get writing!" Giving Klaus a wave, she headed out with the children, Paul stared after her, shaking his head.

"What's wrong Paul?" asked Klaus.

"Lucy," he replied.

"I don't understand."

He gave his friend a soft smile. "She's doing so much with the kids just so I can work. She's amazing! Today's our second wedding anniversary you know!"

Klaus smiled. "Congratulations to you both. Shall I go and let you be with your wife and children?"

Paul hesitated. "To be honest Klaus, I'd need to ask Lucy what she'd prefer." He went to the door of the room and opened it. He stood in the hall "LUCY!" he called, "Lucy!"

She appeared from the living room. "You OK?"

"Lucy love, Klaus here as asked if you'd rather he left so we could be together today?"

"KLAUS!" Lucy called, grinning at Paul.

Klaus joined Paul in the hallway. "Yes Lucy?"

"Can you do me a favour please?"

"If I can."

"Well, get that husband of mine to write some songs and play some music before we head out to dinner tonight."

Klaus laughed and turned to Paul. "I think the lady has spoken Paul. You need to do some work!"

Paul winked at Lucy. "Thanks baby!"

She smiled and waved as the two men disappeared.