Part 35 - November 29th 1969

Poor Lucy continued to struggle through each day in pain. The doctors could still offer her little in the way of relief except to rest as much as she could. However, even then, the pains still plagued her to the point that she grew increasingly frustrated and more desperate for her pregnancy to finally be over.

"Hey Lucy love," said Paul one afternoon, keen to lift her mood, "Can I play you my new song I've just finished?"

She scowled up at him from the sofa where she was lying. "It's alright for you, merrily getting on with life, and I'm stuck here like a beached whale in total agony!" She snapped, shaking her head, "So NO, I don't want to hear some daft song. Leave me alone!" She closed her eyes.

Paul opened his mouth to respond but then decided against it. Instead he left the room in silence. Barely seconds had passed when Lucy opened her eyes, immediately regretting snapping at Paul as she had. It wasn't his fault she was so uncomfortable at the moment. She slowly heaved her bulk to her feet and walked wearily to Paul's music room where the sound of the piano could be heard. She knocked on the door.

"Paul?" The piano sound stopped so she knocked again, "Paul," she called, "Can I come in?"

"Sure!" His voice was quiet, uncertain.

Lucy opened the door and stood for a moment in the doorway. "I'm sorry for snapping Paul love. It's not your fault I'm feeling so crap!" Her bottom lip began to wobble. "Forgive me!"

Paul got up from the piano and went to her. He pulled her into his arms. "I know you feel rubbish! I wish I could help!" He kissed her gently, "You're forgiven!" He grinned. "I love you Lucy! Snap at me all you like if it helps...OK?"

Lucy gave him a weak smile. "You're mad sometimes Paul!"

"Mad for you woman!" He laughed then kissed her again, a kiss which Lucy responded to, making it deeper, more passionate. When it ended Lucy pressed her forehead against Paul's. "What was that for?" he asked softly. "You haven't kissed me like that for a while?"

"That's because despite feeling like I do, I adore McCartney," she whispered, "And I've avoided kissing you like that because it makes me as horny as hell!"

"Does it now?" Paul teased, rubbing himself against her.

Lucy groaned. "Don't do that Paul! Not unless you're planning on taking me to bed!"

"Why not?" said Paul. "Why don't we go to bed? Your blood pressure has been absolutely fine for ages now. Maybe a little gentle loving would help you feel better?"

Lucy's eyes lit up at Paul's suggestion. "Are you serious?"

He nodded, grinning at her. "I am. Tempted my love?"

"Very!" replied Lucy excitedly. Then she sighed. "We can't Paul love. I'm so big just how would we manage it!"

"I'm sure we could work something out! Or have a lot of fun trying! What do you think?"

It wasn't long before Lucy and Paul were lying on the bed, both naked but covered by a sheet.

"I still can't see how we can make it work." She said mournfully, "I can't even move to lie on my side!"

"Shhh." Paul began to kiss her, softly at first then more and more passionately. His hands caressed her body lovingly. He cupped her now enormous breasts softly, marveling at how beautiful they were now that they were swollen in readiness to feed his children. His hand moved slowly down her body until her came to her bump. It had been a while since Lucy had been totally naked in front of him. He leaned up on one arm, talking gently to Lucy about how sexy and beautiful she was to him and his pride that she was willing to go through so much in order to given birth to his children. He stroked her bump, talked softly to those inside and was rewarded with some brisk kicks from the babies yet to be born. He looked up at Lucy's face. She was smiling at him, watching him intently.