Part 65 - 1st November 1972

"Did they have a good day a nursery?" asked Paul, as she followed the boys into the kitchen after collecting them from their nursery school.

She nodded. "Fine. Except the teacher said James wouldn't do as he was told during lunch again! She wasn't very happy with him!"

Paul grinned. "Those two remind me of me and our Mike when we were kids you know! I was like Daniel...."

"It's not funny!" said Lucy, "He's getting even more willful and wild the older he gets and he drags Daniel into his scrapes! He needs a firm hand Paul!"

"He's four years old!" laughed Paul, "He'll turn out fine! Look at me and our Mike!"

"Exactly!" laughed Lucy, "Look at you both!"

"Did you hear what mummy said about daddy Mary?"

"Has daddy been a good boy Mary?"

Mary grinned at her mummy. She nodded. "Dad made ice cream mummy!"

"Mary shh!"

"Paul! You're worse than the boys!" Still laughing, Lucy shook her head and left the room. "You'll come to regret it McCartney! If she's sick after dinner, you're cleaning it up!!"

After a busy evening making dinner and bathing the children, Paul and Lucy finally tiptoed into their bedroom.

"I love those three dearly!" said Paul, "But I'm bushed!"

Lucy smiled but made no comment. She walked into their bathroom then came back out.

"Paul, have you and Klaus set the date for the start of the band tour yet?" she asked.

"Not completely." Said Paul, his back to her as he undressed, "Those few provisional dates we discussed and we did settle on a date but we need to check one venue is available before confirming. Why?"

"When were you thinking of?"

"Early March next year seems to be the best for everyone concerned so far. Starting here with Britain then going over to Europe. Around 3 months away in total."

"I'm afraid I can't do those dates now Paul."

He turned to her. "What do you mean? Why can't we do those dates? You were all for it when we discussed provisional dates! What's the problem now?"

"It's not a problem as such Paul love," she told him,  a cautious edge to her voice,"It's more this." She put her hand into her dressing gown pocket and handed something to him.

"What is it?" He asked, taking it from her and looking at it. He then looked back at Lucy, a stunned expression on his face. "When?... I mean... how?" he stuttered.

Lucy looked anxious. "You're not angry are you?"

"God no!" He went to Lucy and put his arms around her, "Just shocked! Why didn't you say something?"

"I wanted to be sure." said Lucy still clearly nervous, "I'm sorry Paul, I know the timings not great and...!"

"Hey! Don't be sorry!" He grinned at her, "Another baby! Wow!" He kissed her, "That's fantastic news!"

"You're sure?" Lucy continued to look worried.

"I'm sure!" He kissed her again and hugged her, "Do you think we could manage four kids on tour then love?"

Lucy laughed. "With our mad threesome, I can't see how one more can make that much difference to be honest! Can you?"

"No, not really!" He grinned, "Any idea when we're due?"

"May, June next year I'm guessing. Why?"

"Why? Well, I'll give Klaus a ring in the morning! Those tour dates are going to have to be changed now!" He pulled her into a hug, "I can't believe it! A new baby! Lucy McCartney, you are a truly incredible woman, do you know that?" He kissed her.

Lucy hugged him hard. "I am amazing, aren't I?" she grinned at him, "But then, so are you Paul, so are you!"

                                                                                       The End