Part 45 - 6th July 1971

Paul and Lucy were enjoying sometime playing with the boys (now 18 months old) in the sunny garden. Paul was trying to teach them to kick a ball. The boys ability to kick was really good, sadly their ability to stay on their feet after kicking it wasn't so good, causing Lucy and Paul to giggle hysterically. Baby Mary was sat up in her pram, watching the fun and games with great interest. Lucy headed in to get everyone a cold drink. Whilst there the phone rang. On answering she was pleased to find Klaus Voorman on the line once more. After some pleasantries, she went to get Paul.

"Phone?" said Paul, running up to Lucy, "Who is it?" He looked worried. More Beatles business was due in court very soon.

"Relax," Lucy told him, "it's Klaus."

Looking much brighter, Paul headed inside.

A short while later Paul came back out. By this time Lucy was sat on the grass giving the boys a drink. She waved to Paul as he appeared at the back door.

"Lucy love," he called from the top of the steps, "Got a minute?"

"Stay there boys. Mummy will bring some biscuits." She got up and went to Paul. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes they're good." He paused. "Lucy love, how would you feel if Klaus came round again?"

"Me, It's fine.Why?"

"When he was here last time, we talked about doing a jam session."

"Oh that sounds great Paul!"

"Tomorrow?"

"No problem."

"Are you sure?" asked Paul softly, "It means you'll have the kids to yourself."

"Yes, and we'll all be fine." Lucy patted his arm, "Go and make you arrangements. I want to see you doing music again. It's who you are. I'll be fine with these three and if I need you, I'll call you. OK?"

"You angel!" Paul; jumped up and returned to his phone call whilst Lucy walked back to the twins.

"Bi-cit mumma." said James.

"There you go sweetheart." Lucy held up a biscuit for him to take. "What do you say?"

"Fan –coo mumma." He took the biscuit from her and began to eat it. Lucy smiled at him, he looked adorable.

Lucy offered the same to Daniel who also said thank you. She sat with the two boys as they munched contentedly. Suddenly James yawned widely.

"Are you tired little man?" Lucy asked.

James nodded and leaned against his mother. "Cug-gul mumma pease."

Lucy put her arms around both boys and waited for Paul to come back out. James lay his head on her knee, thumb in his mouth. Daniel, thinking it looked comfortable, joined his brother. Within minutes they were both sound asleep, tired out by the football game. Lucy sat stroking their dark soft curls and enjoyed the quiet closeness.

Paul finally emerged from the house but stopped at the top of the steps and went back into the house. Seconds later he came back, this time carrying the camera. He walked quietly over to Lucy and knelt down, camera poised.

"You look gorgeous like that!" he whispered.

Lucy smiled back to him but carried on stroking the boy's hair whilst Paul captured the moment with the camera. Finally he sat beside her.

"You look happy." she whispered.

He nodded. "Had a really good talk with Klaus. Got some ideas together for tomorrow. Looking forward to it!"