Part 55 - February 18th 1972

It was still dark outside when Paul woke up. He glanced at the clock and saw that it was only 6 am. Yawning, he turned over and slipped his arm around Lucy. She was deliciously warm and still gloriously naked as a result of their love making the night before. She stirred slightly and murmured something.

"It's only me," he whispered, "I've come for a cuddle!" He kissed her softly on the shoulder.

Lucy stirred again and turned to him. "Hi." She said sleepily, "Why are you awake so early?"

"Just happy!" Paul grinned. He kissed her softly on the lips. "Sorry I woke you love. Go back to sleep baby."

Lucy put her arms around his neck and kissed him back. "You get some rest too. You've got a busy day again!"

"I know!"

Snuggled up close together Lucy drifted back to sleep. Paul couldn't sleep. An idea was forming in his mind which could solve a lot of issues, he decided, all he needed to do now was talk it over with Klaus.

Later, as the family ate their breakfast together, Paul flicked through the morning papers.

"Are there any reviews from last night?" Lucy asked as she gave Mary a piece of soft toast to chew on.

"Yes."

"Well read it then."

"One minute," Paul skimmed the review, "OK, it says "McCartney still has the old Beatles magic, giving fans an amazing show and leaving them in no doubt that he could still be a serious musician without John Lennon! His partner, Klaus Voorman wowed the audience during his solo spot in which he talked about his early meetings with a young McCartney in the early sixties and sang five songs, two covers and three original works." Paul laughed suddenly, "Listen to this love! A high point in the night was during a segment in which Paul, backed up by Klaus, told the story of how their hit 'Love and understanding' came to be. Paul pulled his wife Lucy on stage and told of her idea in the song. He claimed this section of the show was unrehearsed however rehearsed or not, he managed to persuade his wife to play drums whilst the song was performed. And I have to say that as well as from being a very attractive brunette whom McCartney clearly adores, she has rhythm and a great singing voice!" Paul looked up at Lucy, a proud grin on his face, "See, they loved you last night! I knew they would!"

Lucy shook her head. "Is that the end of the review?"

Paul shook his head. "No, it goes on the tell people to see if there's still tickets available as it's a night not to be missed!"

Lucy laughed. "Oh Paul, those reviews are fantastic love! Well done!"

"I should be thanking you!" said Paul, standing up and kissing her. "It was all your idea!"

"Daddy, Daddy!"

Paul kissed Lucy once more then turned to Daniel. "Yes Danny boy?"

"Daddy working?"

"Yes, daddy is working today sweetheart. Daddy's going to sing some more songs for people."

"Daniel come to sing Daddy."

Paul looked from his son the Lucy, "What do you reckon love?" he whispered, "Want to come with me today or stay here with the kids?"

"I don't mind."

"Will you come with me today then?"

"Will there be many reporters about?"

Paul smiled, knowing Lucy was wary about pictures of the children being printed. "Only those we agree to. I'll make sure the kids aren't photographed."