Chapter 28 (Jacks perspective)

After Lizzie held ice on my eye for 20 more minutes I went home.
     "Jack what happened" my mom yelled as she ran over to me with her friends.
    "I got punched. But Lizzie put ice on it for 40 minutes 20 on 20 off and 20 on again." I said unfazed.
    "Are you ok" my mom asked. I wanted to cry I wanted to say no but I couldn't
    " yup I'm fine" I pushed passed the crowd of her friends and upstairs.
   "Honey if you want to talk I'm here and so is Lizzie and your father" she yelled but I kept walking.
    "Who is Lizzie" on of her friends asked.
    "His girlfriend she lives across the street" my mom said. They all giggled like 13 year old girls. When I finally made it to my room I sat on my bed. A tear came out of my black eye. I was in so much fucking pain. I fell asleep and that pain went away.
     The next day.......
  When I woke up Lizzie was standing infront of my bed.
    "Good morning babe" she smiled. I sat up.
    "Hi" I said.
   "It's 6:00" she said.
  "You might want to get dressed" she said again.
  "Ok" I stood up and went to my closet.
  "I'll be downstairs" she said walking out. As she left I put on another pair of khaki pants and a tee shirt. I grabbed my bag and went down stairs.
    "Are you hungry Jack" my mom asked.
   "Not really"
  "Alright" she said as I grabbed Lizzie's hand and left.
   "Are you ok" Lizzie asked.
   "No I have a headache. I cried myself to sleep last night. I shut my mom out and I'm starting to get bullied again." I said all I one breathe.
    "It's ok. I know how you feel Jack." She took a deep breathe.
  "I was there too. There is so much my mom does not know." She stopped and hugged me.
    "As long as we have each other we will be fine" she whispered in my ear.
   "I know" I said back as we continued walking. I am so lucky to have her. I thought to my self. But is she so lucky  my to have me. I'm a mess. My smile turned into a frown. She didn't notice it. But I didn't want her too.
    "Are you lucky to have me" I asked out of curiosity.
   "Of course. Jack your the best thing to happen to me" she said.
    "Ok" I said as the old smile crept on my face again.