Chapter 42 (Jacks perspective)

It was 11:00 so that means in exactly 1 hour the ball drops and I can kiss Lizzie I was excited. I know Ellie would be a bitch about it and Ronnie still hasn't left. Lizzie was quiet and I didn't like that. I like loud out there lizzie.
    11:50
We all gathered around the TV they all counted and I sat with Lizzie. This was it your big moment Jack don't fuck up.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1 as the ball dropped everyone kissed there girlfriends and boyfriends Ellie was starring at me and Lizzie and I kiss her. Lizzie took a few minutes to kiss back but when she did it was like tiny fireworks. I did it. I didn't fuck up. When I pulled away Ellie ran out of Gatens house and a few of her friends followed.
    "I'm tired. I'm going to bed" Lizzie said. People nodded and some agreed.
  "I'll be up in a few minutes" I told her she nodded her head and went upstairs. As she left Ronnie stood up and left the house. I got rid of them both. Success. It had been a few minutes before I went upstairs. When I got in the room Lizzie was lying in the bed with an over sized tee shirt on and some dancer shorts on.
    "Hi Jack" she said sitting up.
   "Hi" I said back.
   "I'm gonna change in here cuz people are in the bathroom" I said.
  "Ok. I won't look" she turned her head to face the bed. I didn't care if she did look but I proceed to change. I got into a pair of shorts and a tee.
    "Done" I said climbing onto the bed. She put her head on my chest and fell asleep. She was perfect. What we had was perfect. No one was going to ruin this. Not Ellie or Ronnie. No one was going to ruin our perfect relationship. No one.