02.2 - Endou Kai

"Mrs. Walters, these are the terms to which Mr. Walter is willing to fulfill if you sign the divorce papers"

Mia Clark turned to the familiar voice and felt her heart jumped. It was fortunate that her eyes were hidden behind the oversized black sunglasses so no one could see her shocked expression. The man who just spoke was Kai Endou, Mark Walter's lawyer and friend. The two men had met through the elite university where Mark Walters studied business and Kai Endou studied laws. Despite their friendship, Kai Endou never once met Mark Walter's wife, Mia. Mark Walters was shamed to ever introduce any of his friends to his unrefined wife. Instead, he tell them how crazy the woman was. And since he never met the woman, Kai Endou could only take his friend's word for it. Seeing the woman before him dressed in a gaudy leopard skin-tight dress, the big brown fur, and the oversized Prada sunglasses, Kai Endou could see why his friend want to get rid of such a boorish wife.

Meanwhile, Mia was stunned because Kai Endou resemblance to Lin Heng. The dark eyes were similar. The quiet, calm expression was similar. A slight bitter feeling touched her soul as she knew exactly how the man saw her. To him, she appeared like those gold-digging estranged wife. The way she appeared now is proof of that very description.

"Mrs. Walter, please do not make this difficult" Kai Endou voice held a calm but intimidating strength.

Unluckily for him, the soul within Mia Clark was not the sort to be easily intimidated. Instead, she gave a sly smile. Since it already came to this - since these men already categorized her as a gold-digging woman, Mia Clark will play the part.

"I'll sign the divorce papers" But before anyone could feel relief, Mia added. "Only if he agrees to sign over half of his worth to me"

"What!" Mark Walters naturally does not agree.

He had worked hard all his life for his money. He wouldn't agree to such terms - especially since Mia Clark never contribute to his business.

"Mrs. Walters" Kai Endou lifted his hand slightly, telling Mark Walters without words to stay calm while he handled the situation. "I'm afraid there some misconception on your end. This meeting is not for you to set terms or conditions. Mr. Walters is already generous to give you 5 million - there_"

"Excuse me sir" Mia cut him off sharply as she said, while leaning back into the chair like a diva. "But don't give me your bullshit"

Kai Endou and Mark Walters were both stunned at Mia Clark's attitude. For Kai Endou, he didn't expect the gaudy woman to be sassy. For Mark Walters, he didn't expect the normally brainless woman to be sharp.

"I know the law as much as the next person. I married Mark Walters before he became the man he is today. Whatever he makes during the period of our marriage, half of it is mine. As for Noah, don't even think about taking my son from me"

The room was filled with silence. All of the men, including Mia Clark's own lawyer was stunned by the confident, clear voice of hers.

"You've done nothing but spent my money during the marriage, what make you think you can take half of what's mine? My son will be better off without a greedy mother like yourself"

"I've done nothing?" Mia turned to Mark Walters and sneered. "Every time you're out, who took care of the house? Who made sure your son is safe and sound? Who cooks? Who clean? Who made sure your suits are pressed perfectly for those fancy businesses meeting you go to?"

Mark Walters was speechless, while Mia laughed at him while leaning back in her chair.

"Tell you what, I'm a woman with reason" Mia ignored both Mark Walters and Kai Endou to face her own lawyer. "10 million and he sign over full custody over Noah to me"

"You're crazy" Mark Walters lost his patience. "I won't give you anymore than what you deserve"

"What I deserve..." Mia's voice was soft, sad even. "What I deserve..."

Mark Walters was again surprised by Mia's sudden quietness. It had been the first time he saw this soft, quiet side of hers. Just as he was about to say something, Mia laughed.

"You're right, I deserve 20 million"

Mark Walters face instantly darkened.

"You greedy_"

"Careful Mr. Walters" Mia smiled held complete coldness. "Don't want anyone to find you speaking in such vulgar words"

"20 million but Noah will go to Mark Walters"

Suddenly, Mia looked back at Kai Endou, seeing his indifferent expression. Mark Walters was surprised but then leaned back with a smile. He was sure that the greedy Mia Clark will agree to the conditions.

"20 million and Noah are mine" Mia voice held firmness causing the anger to flare up within Mark Walters again.

"25 million and Noah will go to his father"

"25 million and Noah go to his mother" Mia said with a grin. "I can do this all day gentleman. No one will take my son from me"

"What do you want Noah for?" Mark Walters sneered. "You claim to watch over him as his mother, but all you have done are neglecting him, putting him boarding school to avoid taking care of him. Keeping him safe and sound? Don't make me laugh. You're using my son as a bargaining chip to use against me in the future for more money!"

Mia laughed because there was some truth to it.

"30 million and Noah go with me" Mark Walters' eyes flash with anger.

"30 million and Noah go with me" Mia said calmly with her usual playful smile.

"You_"

"Tell you what, let's stop playing these silly games" Mia continue to smile. "It's quite simple. If Noah chooses to go with his father, I will not deny my son's wishes. But if he chooses me_"

"He'll never choose you"

"Oh? If you're so confident, then let Noah make the decision"

"You horrible woman! You force our six year old child choose between his parents"

"Then 30 million and Noah goes to me" Mia was getting bored and clearly wanted to leave. "Be a good father and not force your son to choose"

Mark Walters was so angry he wanted to scream, but Kai Endou calmly touched his shoulder. Behind the sunglasses, Mia Clark could see the two men conversing privately with one another. Smirking inside, Mia Clark casually sat in her seat. Sure enough, Mark Walters agreed to let Noah chooses. Seeing the confident expression on Mark Walters' face, Mia knew the man was sure his son would choose to be with his father. In the original story, the weak-minded Mia Clark had lost to the intimidation game and end up agreeing to take the 5 million settlements without a fight. On top of that, she signed over all of her custody rights of her son to Mark Walters. The woman had truly cared only for money so abandon her son in search for a better life. But within two years, Mia Clark spend all the money buying useless things and end up prostituting herself to wealthy old men in order to maintain her lavish lifestyle. Noah Walters was young when he learned his mother has left him and because his father told him that his mother was a greedy woman, the young boy unsurprisingly believes him.