08.8 - Nox Maxwell

Zeki Gutia found himself in a tough position. Getting back the white jade bracelet was not as simple as he had thought. Not only did Maxwell Nox refused to return the bracelet, the Mare prince casually wore it on his left wrist. Even though he had wanted to take back the bracelet for his sister, Zeki couldn't be rude or show disrespect to the Mare prince. Maxwell Nox, did after all, stopped his younger sister from using the bracelet's power - hence preventing her life-force to weaken further. Plus, the Mare prince single-handedly put a stop to the Belua's sudden attack - thus saving everyone.

"Prince Maxwell Nox... that bracelet..." Zeki faced the taller man for his beloved sister's sake. "It belong to my younger sister. If you could return it, we would be eternally grateful."

Instead of looking at the man talking to him, Maxwell Nox's eyes were focused on the petite lovely woman standing behind him. Naturally, Mavi felt the man's heated gaze and did her best not to react. Lucky for her, Mavi's inborn expressionless face made it difficult for others to see her emotions. But then again, one certain prince could see her feelings through her bright, beautiful eyes. Instinctively, Mavi averted her eyes, feeling annoyed by the fierce beating of her heart. Suddenly, she felt as if the situation was out of her control. The thought bothered her more than she would admit.

"Please return the bracelet." Zeki asked the same time he stepped forward to block Maxwell Nox's line of sight of his younger sister.

"I like this bracelet." Maxwell Nox spoke with his calm, deep voice.

"The bracelet is important to my sister." Zeki Gutia's eyes flashed coldly while his tone no longer remain cordial. "Return it."

"Did she not gift this bracelet to me?" Maxwell Nox's calm and deep tone remain unchanged.

"What?"

"The bracelet was toss and I retrieved it." Maxwell Nox continued. "Was it not intended for me?"

Zeki scowled while the Mare prince was not concerned. Instead, his attention went back to the lovely figure hidden behind her brother.

"Shall I consider this bracelet as a mating gift?"

"The Mare prince is jesting." Zeki smiled coldly, no longer caring to remain polite. "Twisting words and making jokes, I didn't think the prince of the Mare tribe was such a clown."

The insult was not taken kindly by the Mare members standing behind Maxwell Nox. As soon as their prince was insulted, the men and women of the Mare tribe surrounded their prince is a defensive manner. Some of them even withdraw their weapons.

"Zeki Gutia, that is no way to speak to our guest." The Nubes leader quickly came forward. "Stand down."

But Zeki stand firm in his spot while glaring at the Mare prince and his people. All a while, Maxwell Nox remained indifferent and unaffected.

"Zeki Gutia" The Nubes leader frowned when the young man didn't listen to his orders. "Did you hear what I say? Stand down."

"Until my sister's bracelet is returned, I will not move."

Zeki was not afraid. The only thing he cared about was his younger sister's safety. With the bracelets all tied to her life, there was no way he would allow a stranger to keep it. The Nubes leader and several elders all understood Zeki's concern since they knew the secrets of the bracelet, but still, they couldn't let Zeki continue to disrespect the Mare prince. Their alliance, after all, was a very important matter.

"Brother..."

When no one could control Zeki's temper, a soft, gentle voice loosen the tight knit between his brows. Turning, Zeki looked at Mavi when he felt her hand on his forearm.