05.8 - Earl Richard

Finding both the male lead and the second male lead not to her taste, Mimi wondered if she should find someone else in the game to target. Being young and beautiful, it was not difficult for her to find other men to play with. Moreover, she was the story's protagonist. Her aura should be able to attract the best men. The thought made her smile evilly as the realization dawn on her.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

                In the middle of lunch with her agent, Mimi let the evil smile slip.

"Nothing" Mimi said innocently as she continued to drink her latte.

"Yeah right" Davina made a face at Mimi's attempt to play innocent. "Spill. What evil plan are you conjuring up?"

                Mimi continue to smile against the rim of the coffee cup. Seeing that Mimi was not going to say what's on her mind, Davina rolled her eyes.

"Well, RE Label contact me again" Davina went back to the original subject. "They want you to do collaborative work again with another one of their artist. This time with Jayden Kay"

                Mimi was not surprised the story is looping back to its original intent - for Mimi Ahn to be with Jayden Kay.

"Not interested" Mimi set the cup down and set her cheek on her palm while looking out the window to the quiet street.

"They're willing to triple the pay this time"

                Mimi's work with Xavier had not only boosted her reputation - it caused many artists wanting to work with her. Xano's song featuring Mimi was currently rank number one in the country and world for the last seven days with no sign of it dropping from its number one position.

"Not interested" Mimi repeated while she looked at the street with boredom.

"Why not?" Davina was surprised since she was sure Mimi would agreed due to the money involved.

"I don't want to work with RE Label" Mimi said straightforwardly - her eyes still looking off in the distance.

                Blinking out her surprise, Davina studied Mimi for a moment.

"What do you have against RE Label?" Davina asked curiously.

"Nothing" Mimi replied ambiguously.

"If nothing, then I'm going to accept their offer"

                Mimi's eyes flickered to her crafty agent and smiled.

"Oh come on Mimi" Davina sighed. "You have to give me good reason why you're refusing to work with the world's largest recording label. It's not easy for me to refuse them every time "

"The Owner pisses me off"

                Again, Davina blinked with surprise.

"Oh..." After her initial surprise, Davina smiled knowingly. "Richard Earl is hot. I see your struggle"

                Mimi's smirked at her agent's cleverness.

"It's not like you'll be dealing with the Owner personally"

"I want nothing to do with him" Mimi was adamant.

"You..." Davina looked at Mimi for a moment and then sighed softly. "Fine"

                Mimi turned her attention to the quiet street on the other side of the window.

"You know it'll be difficult for you from now on by going against RE Label"

                Mimi quiet smile let Davina know she was well aware of her decision.