03.11 - Orr Roman

"Aster..."

Mina took off after Ashley Giles, finding the girl hiding in the empty courtyard. Crouch down behind a large tree with her arms folded across her knees, the girl buried her face down on her arms. The trembling shoulders let Mina knows that Ashley Giles was crying.

"Aster" Mina stood a few steps behind the protagonist. "I'm..."

"Leave me alone" Ashley Giles voice held resentment.

"Please Aster, I don't want you to hate me. I_"

"You're the type I hate the most" Ashley Giles stood and turned to face Mina with red eyes. "Dirty and frivolous"

"I..." Mina looked sadly at Ashley Giles before lowering her head. "Aster, I..."

"What do you want?"

"I like you Aster..." Mina cheeks blushed softly as she confessed. "Since the first time, I_"

"Disgusting!"

Mina lifted her head to see shock and revulsion on the girl's beautiful face. While Ashley Giles continued to give her a look of disgust, Mina stepped forward with teary eyes as she confessed like a love sick high school girl. Without a care for her dignity, Mina told Ashley Giles that she only wanted to be her friends.

"Stay away from me"

No matter what Mina say, Ashley Giles disdain for her was already cemented. There was no way for the girl to feel any differently about Mina other than the fact that she's a loose woman. Moreover, Roman Orr's attitude toward Mina and Ashley Giles were comparably different - making the protagonist loath Mina more. It did not surprised Mina how vindictive Ashley Giles was toward her. When the girl turned and walked away, Mina stood in silence to watch her go.

"Fool"

Mina did not flinch when strong arms reached out from behind her and held onto her shoulders. Roman Orr pressed his lips at the back top of her head while holding onto her tight.

"He hates me..." Mina said in a soft broken voice, while she let tears fall onto Roman Orr's sleeve.

With a heavy sigh, Roman Orr turned Mina around and pressed her to his chest. Wrapping her arms around his back, Mina cried sadly while pressing her body against the young man's tall built body. When Roman Orr held her tighter - digging his fingers into her long hair, Mina lifted her head to look at him with teary eyes. Seeing big beautiful eyes in tears, Roman Orr's heart trembled. Unable to help himself, he pressed a kiss on her forehead before holding her to his heart. Knowing the young man was trying to comfort her, Mina hid a small smile against his chest.

After at moment, Roman Orr begin to pursue Mina. Seeing her confessed to Ashley Giles had not only bothered him, it awakened him. Seeing her one sided feelings for someone else had moved him. Hearing her sadness for the lost love hurts him. Roman Orr found himself fallen for Mina and wanted her for his own. And because he was a straightforward individual, once he knew what he wanted, he was the type to chase relentlessly. For Mina, Roman Orr wooed her to the point where everyone in the entire school begin to take notice.

Rumors have already spread of the bad boy Roman Orr going to the library often to hang out with Mina Rain. Many had thought it was his usual game, flirting with a girl he's currently interested in. Everyone had thought once he had his fun, he'll move on to the next girl. That was Roman Orr's reputation. But with Mina, he had persevered for weeks and months of her indifference. While she showed no interest, he already self proclaimed to be her boyfriend whenever they're in public. Every time she in the library, he's there. Every time she goes to class, he would take her there. Every time she leaves class, he would pick her up. Every breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Roman Orr is always found beside Mina. To see how much effort he was putting in his courtship toward Mina, many girls felt envious. But threatening Mina Rain was not even an option. Roman Orr was stuck to Mina's side and openly scold those who think to insult her.

As for Ashley Giles, the protagonist of the story, she would noticed like everyone else how different Roman Orr was with Mina Rain. While the bad boy was a big flirt and friendly, he never touch anyone or let any of the girls touch him. Always doing whatever he wants, never following the trend or rules of the school, independent, and willful, Roman Orr was like the sun. In the original story, Ashley Giles had been close to Roman Orr so missed his quality. But now the story have changed. Roman Orr not only treats Ashley Giles like bad air, he ignored her. Forced to see him from afar, Ashley Giles became like everyone else who can only admire Roman Orr from afar. Despite his reputation and frivolous ways, Ashley Giles could not hate him. Roman Orr was supposed to be the story second male lead, and his aura, from the beginning, did not pale in comparison to the male lead. It had been natural for the protagonist to be compelled toward the second male lead.

Unfortunately for the protagonist, the second male lead was not compelled toward her. From the start, Mina did not give these two characters a chance.