08.18 - Nox Maxwell

*WARNING: The following content may contain sexual content.*

After the meal together with her family, Mavi was carried back to the bedroom. The children had wanted to come as well since they desperately wanted to be with their parents. For the first time, both their father and mother were within arm reach, for the little princes and princess, it was a joyous moment. They were afraid the moment would be only a dream if they left their parents.

"Princess Caitlin." Mavi was languidly laying her head on Maxwell Nox's chest while the man was still carrying her at the entrance way of their bedroom. "Seeing how much the children loves their aunt. Why don't they spend several nights at your quarter. I'm still recovering after all. My attention is limited."

"Mama..." The four children all looked at Mavi pitifully with big watery eyes.

The entire meal time, they watched with jealousy as the beautiful woman completely dote on their oldest brother. Everything she cooked was cater toward Niall or their father. For little children to see their mother shower all her love and attention to someone else other than them, it was natural for them to feel bitter. It was especially bitter for them because they knew their mother was unhappy with them.

"Mama." Niall took pity on his younger siblings and took hold of his mother's hand. "Our family should stay together... Little brothers and sister all wants to stay here with you..."

"Yes!" Four little bodies lined up from biggest to shortest. "We're staying here with mama."

Mavi looked at Niall and knows the boy was helping his younger brothers and sisters to curry favors with her.

"If that's the case." Mavi finally took pity on the adorable and gullible children. "Go on back to your rooms. It's already bedtime."

Seeing Mavi's beautiful eyes softly on them, the children obeyed and scurry happily away.

"They_ how_" Princess Caitlin was speechless by the situation. "Why is it that they love you to such extent? I was the one who raise_"

Princess Caitlin stopped herself - realizing how foolishly jealous she sounded.

"They have your brother's blood." Mavi replied with a casual tone. "Ask him."

"It's already late and Mavi needs her rest." Maxwell Nox ignored his sister's questioning eyes. "Good night."

The Mare prince then took Mavi inside the room and set her down on the bed. When he lifted away, Mavi held him back with her arms around his neck. Maxwell Nox did not resist Mavi's hold and laid his head on the crook of her neck while wrapping his arms around her slim body.

"I'm not dreaming?" Maxwell Nox kissed her neck. "Mavi... you came back..."

"I came back..." Mavi sighed softly as run her fingers gently into his hair.

"Mavi, stay with me..." Maxwell Nox whispered.

"Umm..." Mavi replied softly. "For as long as I can... I'll stay with you..."

"Mavi..."

Mavi did stayed with Maxwell Nox for as long as she possibly could. When it was finally time for Mavi to leave the Mystic Orbis, nearly twenty years have passed since her awakening from the coma. Each passing days, Maxwell Nox would love and adore her. Each passing year, Mavi would accompany him hand-in-hand. Until her last moment in the world, the two were sleeping within each other usual tight embrace.

"Maxwell..."

The morning sun was rising revealing the same color of that Mavi's beautiful eyes. Mavi gazed softly at the peaceful expression on the man's sleeping face. When the final bracelet on her wrist completely scattered and turned into dust, Mavi closed her eyes. As if he felt a part of his soul leaving, Maxwell Nox opened his eyes to see Mavi's serene expression. Silently, he leaned forward to kiss the pink dot under her eye before holding her close to his heart.

In Maxwell Nox's memory, a woman set her arms on the stone edge of the hot spring pool and laid her head on the back of her folded hands. Gazing up at the open ceiling of the cave, she watched the stars in the sky. In that moment, a gush of wind carried plum blossom petals down into the cave's opening ceiling. Mavi watched as a single plum blossom landed in front of her before floating away.

"Mavi..."

Eyes closed, the souls drifted away, leaving behind two cold bodies.