02.18 - Endou Kai

Two years - it took Mark Walters another two years to understand no matter how hard he tried to get back his son, there was no possible way to do so. Mia Clark went to court each time that he tried to appeal - each time, the woman face him head on, fearlessly. What bothered him even more is that Kai Endou was with her each and every time. While Kai Endou did not represent Mia Clark as her lawyer, he stood by her side as her husband - her man. Ignoring the fact that they were longtime friends, Kai Endou held onto Mia's hand every time they enter or leave the court room. Even more humiliating for Mark Walters, Kai Endou held Mia's hand at every public event they went to.

Mark Walters had worked hard all his life in order to rise into the high society circle. Every event he went to, he always received respect and admiration from many. Because he wanted to maintain his perfect image, he never once took Mia Clark to any of the social events. He didn't want the uncultured woman to embarrass him in front of his peers. Only when he married the sophisticated Olivia Mills, that he proudly had her at his side at each and every event. Unlike Mia Clarks who was a nobody, Olivia Mills grew up in the high society circle so everyone knew her and all the prestigious achievement she accomplished. Having Olivia Mills at his side and seeing how others approved of her only boost Mark Walters ego.

Now it's different. Mark Walters didn't know when the story has changed. Shortly after Kai Endou married Mia Clark, everyone in their circle knew. Obviously, everyone first thought was who Mia Clark was and how could she rope a man like Kai Endou so suddenly without anyone notice? What shocked people even more was the name Mia Clark was the same as Mark Walters' ex-wife. Like wanting to watch the drama unfold, everyone was eager to meet this mysterious Mia Clark.

Wow - was the only word that people could think of when Mia Clark appeared for the first time beside Kai Endou. Dressed in a red - mermaid, scoop neck, sweep train evening dress with her red hair clipped up into a simple, loose bun, Mia stood gorgeously beside Kai Endou. Suddenly, everyone understood why Kai Endou had fallen. Seeing the handsome lawyer's hand possessively around the woman's slim waist, no one could fault him. Any normal man would be possessive if their wife looked like Mia Clark. On the flip-side, everyone turned to Mark Walters with confusion. With a gorgeous woman like Mia Clark, why would Mark Walters divorce her?

Multiple guesses begin to spread. People believed Mark Walters was an intelligent man who valued intellect and personality over looks. When it was confirmed that the woman had only a high school education, everyone concluded that Mia Clark was a beauty without brains. But then what about Kai Endou? If Mark Walters was intelligent, Kai Endou was a genius. Why would a genius want a brainless beauty? Only when people interact and converse with Mia that they realized how funny and witty the woman was. So what she didn't go to college, the woman could put any university professor to shame. This revealed Mia Clark to be a beauty with brains.

The next guess leads to money. Did Mark Walters divorce the woman because she cared more about his money than him? Studying Mia Clark's stunning looks that could lure any man, people were convinced that she must be a gold-digger using her beauty to lure rich men. They were more persuaded of the idea because everyone knew Kai Endou was much wealthier than Mark Walters. While no one knows Kai Endou's exact net worth, it was no secret that the lawyer has old money - meaning his wealth accumulated for generations. So of course, Mia Clark would aim for the handsome, wealthy lawyer. But then news suddenly came to light on Mia Clark being the creator of the multi-million dollar franchise - COFE. The so-call gold digger is well capable of making her own money so why does she need to sell herself to men? On top of that, if she truly was money-hungry, why in the world would a greedy person gave her multi-million franchise solely to her 12 year old son? Which greedy person would care to leave her entire fortune to her son?