04.19 - Tsai Xuan

The next day, three dozen soldiers escort Tsai Xuan and Muxue back to her hometown. While it took her initially five whole days to get there, Tsai Xuan and his men made it there in less than two days. At the memory of the long, hard journey, the soul within Muxue grew more resentful toward Han Muxue's uncle and his family. By the time they entered the small province, everyone in the city saw the grand entrance of Tsai Xuan's soldiers on their black grand stallions. Each men wore their blood red mask while they guard the single four-people gold carriage. Despite their fears, the crowd gathered and watched as the soldiers and carriage stopped at the Han Residence gate.

Tsai Xuan stepped out the carriage first in a black Changshan robe. What made people gasped was the demon mask he wore. They watched as the Commander got out to look at the gate of the Han Family. Seconds later, the servants opened the door and Han Muxue's uncle and wife quickly appeared to greet the Commander of Hexin. Ignoring the older couple, Tsai Xuan turned back to the carriage and lifted the curtain. When a lovely figured appeared, Tsai Xuan took hold of the slim waist and lifted her down from the tall carriage. In contrast to the dark clothing and scary mask that Tsai Xuan wore, Muxue was wearing a beautiful light pink Cheongsam dress with embroideries of silver butterflies and dark pink plum blossom. Seeing familiar faces, Muxue reached to Tsai Xuan's arm and held onto it as if she was afraid. Chuckling softly, Tsai Xuan gently patted her cheek before turning to her uncle and aunt.

"Bring forward the gifts" Tsai Xuan spoke casually while a dozen guards stepped forward each pushing a large treasure chest.

Muxue hid a smirk when she saw Han Muxue's uncle and his wife eyes bulged out with clear greed. It didn't take long before her uncle quickly welcomed the Commander inside. When Tsai Xuan and Muxue was ushered, four soldiers followed while the remaining large group stood guard outside.

"Please have some tea Commander" Han Muxue's uncle spoke with a big smile.

The Han Residence's was much smaller than the Tsai Residence in the capital - so naturally, the main hall could only hold a few people. The four soldiers stood outside the main hall, while Muxue and Tsai Xuan sat inside with Han Muxue's uncle, his wife, and daughter. The two maids who were serving the tea nearly dropped the cup when Tsai Xuan lifted the mask off his face. Not only the maids stared at the handsome man, Han Muxue's cousin did as well. Playing ignorant, Muxue continued to looked down at her hands while the funny scene continued to play out in front of her.

"Muxue" Tsai Xuan's smiles made the young girls presently in the room nearly fainted. "You must be tired from the journey. Here"

Tsai Xuan handed Muxue a cup of tea and watched as she drink it softly before he drink from the same cup. Watching with silent jealousy, Han Muxue's younger cousin unknowingly twisted the silk handkerchief in her hands. Sensing her daughter's mood, Han Muxue's aunt patted the young girl's hand as if coaxing her. The mother and daughter shared an understanding look, while Muxue glanced from a distance and smirked inside. Meanwhile, Han Muxue's uncle continued to butter up Tsai Xuan by saying how honored and thankful he was to have the Commander visit. The one-side flattery continued on so long that Muxue found it difficult to stay awake. Just when she was about to fall asleep, the greedy man finally made his move. His attention turned to her, asking her with a sickly sweet tone if she was well.

"Muxue, it must be lonely for you to be in the capital and away from your family" Her uncle continued. "Why not have Hui-er go and stay with you for a while?"

Muxue wanted to laugh at the man's obvious attempts to pave ways for his young daughter. The soul within Muxue could clearly see how infatuated the girl was at first sight of Tsai Xuan. She knew Han Muxue's younger cousin was more than willing to go with her to the capital at the chance to be near the handsome and powerful Commander.