04.2 - Tsai Xuan

"Muxue, how do you feel about these gifts? Do you like them?"

In front of the two golden gates with a large family sign that read "Han", stood a beautiful woman in a blue Cheongsam dress. The woman closed her eyes while the old man in green Changshan robe stood before her with dozens of treasure chests behind him. Many people in the streets noticed the treasure chests and gathered to the scene. At first glance, anyone guessed that the old man was there to woo the beautiful woman with gifts.

"Get lost"

Han Muxue opened her eyes, revealing the clear and sharp depth to them. The old man was startled, unsure if he heard her correctly. Just a day ago, the woman had been docile without a single word as he discuss wedding arrangement with her uncle and aunt.

"Muxue, my darling_"

"How dare you defile my name and honor!" Muxue glared as she pointed to the old man's face. "Get out of my parents' home!"

The crowd had been watching, was surprised by Muxue outburst. It was no secret that the old man was a well known wealthy merchant from another province. Everyone knew he had came for the eldest Han daughter's hand in marriage. Everyone had thought she had accepted since the man appeared with the treasure chests as her dowry.

"You were my grandfather's acquaintance, therefore, I had respected you as an elder and welcome you into my parents' home. Who knew you would come here to humiliate me with your indecent proposal. You shameless old man, I have already been promised to another! The whole nation knows my intended is Tsai Xuan!"

In reality, everyone had forgotten up until Muxue had brought it up. In that very moment, the crowd suddenly understand why she was so upset. She was already engaged and yet a man who already has a wife, asked her to be his concubine. Any woman in her shoes would be upset and insult. As the crowd begin to sneer at the old man and sided with Muxue, the old man became indignant and embarrassed. Trying to save face, the old man glared at Muxue and fought back with his own words.

"I'm marrying you out of the kindness of my heart. Look at you, you're at an age where you should already have children. Instead, your uncle still has to take care of you - a grown woman. " The old man smirked as he continued. "Tsai Xuan? That disfigured demon commander? You're waiting for someone who clearly forgotten you. That demon_"

"Do not insult Tsai Xuan!" Muxue voice raised sharply like daggers, startling the old man several steps back. "That man you call a demon is the same man protecting this nation. If not for him, the people of Hexin will not have peace. If not for him, someone like you will not have freedom to enjoy. To insult someone who fought for your country, what kind of human are you? Get out of my sight!"

The crowd was stunned by Muxue's words. Many of them nodded in agreement to her words about Tsai Xuan and glared at the old man even more.

"Muxue!"

Before the old man could say another word, Han Muxue's uncle and his wife rushed out. Her uncle did not even hold back when he slapped her across the face before he quickly turned to the old man to apologize. But no matter what Han Muxue's uncle say, the old man was beyond humiliated by Muxue so left, taking all his treasure chests with him. Seeing the gifts gone, Han Muxue's uncle turned and slapped her again. Facing her clear, determined eyes, the man was about to hit her more when his wife stopped him. Only when he realized that the crowd was watching that he quickly called for the servants to take Muxue back to her room. With the golden gates closing, everyone could only pity the woman as she was pulled deeper inside the large estate.

With the drama coming to a close, the crowd slowly disperse back to their everyday lives. No one took notice of the group of five men standing in the back corners of the street. Like everyone else, the group of men had watched Han Muxue from the moment she scold the old wealthy merchant until the end where she was taken forcefully back inside the estate.

"Commander_"

In the center of the group, stood a tall handsome man with sharp facial features and dark eyes. With a slight lift of his hand, the man to his right no longer dared to speak and stepped back to his position. While the tall man turned to leave back within the shadows of the street, the others followed after him, not missing the slight lift of his lips.