06.22 - Rivera Lukas

Several months later, during summer break, Blaze Jager took his girlfriend Sophie Solis home to meet Maxie. Meeting the female lead of the story for the first time, Maxie was impressed. True to the leading lady's nature, Sophie Solis was both beautiful and well-manner. There was no pretense in Sophie Solis' speech or behavior. Her smile were honest and natural. Maxie could almost see the blinding halo hovering above the angelic young woman head. It was no wonder that the protagonist of the story would fall for such an untainted woman - especially one who grew up in wealth and power. Still, while Maxie have a high regard for the female lead's kind nature, she pitied her as well. Being kind is a good quality, but being too kind is a flaw. Sophie Solis was the innocent type have only known the good in everything. These innocent types - if fall into the wrong hands, their lives will be destroyed. Wasn't that the case for Sophie Solis in the original story? Even if she was taken advantage of, she had kept her tears and pain locked up inside as she supported the person she had foolishly fallen in love with. The female lead was the type of individual who live solely on her emotion.

"So... what do you think of Sophie?"

As soon as Sophie Solis excused herself to the ladies room, Blaze Jager turned to Maxie with a smile. Unconsciously, the young man seek approval from his esteem sister. Maxie, on the other hand, looked at Blaze with amusement.

"She's too good for you" Maxie answered honestly even if her appeared to be teasing Blaze.

"What's wrong with me?" Blaze asked with indignation.

"Immature brat"

"I'm 20 now"

"And still a brat" Maxie smirked.

"No I'm not..." Blaze muttered while he cross his arms over his chest.

Laughing softly, Maxie studied the protagonist whom she cultivated the last three years. Soon, the young man will be capable enough to take over the CEO position and she'll be as free as a bird.

"How is your progress?" Maxie asked even though she already knew the answer.

"Fine... By the end of the year, I should have another 20% increase in revenue"

"And your grade point average?"

"3.94"

"Umm..." Maxie leaned back against the large arm chair to rest her head.

"Lukas is still ahead..." Blaze looked at Maxie with a concerned expression. "Since the start, he kept his venture a secret and no one could find out how much he had made... His GPA still stand firm at 4.0"

"Don't be concern about him" Maxie closed her eyes with a smile.

"But the wager..."

"As long you're ahead of Dustin Jager is all that matters"

"Dustin is an idiot" Blaze snorted at the mention of his half-cousin. "He's barely passing because his father is funding the university new technology building. And his little so-call company is only profiting because of his sister's connection"

Maxie smiled quietly as she kept her eyes closed. Blaze felt Maxie was scheming something but didn't know what it was.

"He may be an idiot, but his backers aren't" Maxie then opened her eyes and lifted her head to look at Blaze. "There is still a little over a year left. If he doesn't attack directly, stay clear of him"

Blaze nodded his understanding.

"What about Lukas?"

"What about him?"

"Maxie... I'm doing my best, but what happen if I fail_"

"Failure is only a milestone toward success." Maxie educated Blaze with an unreadable smile. "But thinking of failure before the game end is failing. I rather you try and fail than not try at all"

Those words echoed deeply within Blaze Jager's mind and heart. He couldn't help but be in awe of his sister's profound knowledge. Sometimes, he had to wonder if Maxie even belong to the current world.

"You should go check up on your girlfriend" Maxie suddenly teased. "She's been in the ladies room for a while now. I may have scared her away"

Blaze rolled his eyes while standing up from the loveseat.

"You're not as scary as you pretend to be"

"Oh no?" Maxie smiled innocently.

"No" Blaze looked at Maxie with a warm smile. "Hard on the outside but soft on the inside"

Maxie looked at Blaze with a raised brow. Chuckling softly, Blaze walked off to search for his girlfriend - leaving Maxie alone in the living room to rest her mind.