03.5 - Orr Roman

"Hey look, the scores came out today"

                There are two main hall entrance to the expansive 800 acres boarding school campus. One of the hall is known as "Vert", which held a full floor to ceiling black screen monitor. The students all flock around the black screen that held ranking, names, and scores. Everyone always look at the very top to see who are the current top ten. Among the students, Mina stood quietly while her head lifted to the number 6 - her favorite number. While her face held an unreadable expression, inside, she was pleased. After seeing what she wanted to see, Mina walked off casually holding her notebooks at her side.

"Who was that?" Whispers ensued after Mina had already left.

"Mina Rain... a second year"

"A second year? Wait, isn't she number 6?"

                Only three second year students made top ten - the rest were third year students. Impressed, the students all glanced over at the girl who had just walked away. No one seems to recognize who she was despite being a second year.

"Was she always in the top ten?"

"I... I think so..."

"Then how come I never noticed before"

"They say she's pretty quiet and always keep to herself, so it's normal you never noticed"

"I see..."

                While discussions continued to float around about Mina Rain, it wasn't enough to make her popular. Because the girl rarely goes to the school events or does after school activities, no one really knows her. But her name was known, and when students see her, many always notice.

"Hi, long time no see"

                Mina was in the library, playing the part of a good student when a tall shadow cast on her text book. Lifting her head, she saw the familiar handsome smile. Without a change in her indifferent expression, she lowered her head back down to her text book and continued to read.

"How mean" Roman Orr chuckled while pulling the chair to sit across from her. "After our bond, shouldn't we be consider friends?"

                Sneering inside, Mina lifted her eyes to look at Roman Orr. While the face was the same, the color of his eyes and hair was different. While the intensity of his eyes was the same, the feeling was different. The soul inside Mina felt irritated, and so she unconsciously showed it on her face.

"You're annoyed with me" Roman Orr was amused by the clear expression on Mina's face.

"I'm trying to study" Mina said calmly.

"Oh? Then by all means, study away" Roman Orr grin playfully. "I won't disturb you"

                Mina could see what the bad boy was doing. The young man wasn't only playful; he was a player as well. Sitting there, he used his looks and charms to his advantage. With an elbow casually on the table, he leaned his chin on his fist while he stared at Mina with a mischievous grin. Any normal girl giving such attention by a handsome older boy would have melt and blush. Being treated like every other girl by Roman Orr bothered Mina more than she realized.

                Holding in her irritation, she let the emotion fade from her eyes - fade from her thoughts. Turning the text book, she continued to study as if she was alone. But while she had been focus on her book, Roman Orr was focused on her. He had played with so many girls in the school that he lost count. Therefore, he was experienced to how they react to him or how they choose to play with him. Serious or not, none of the girls could ever win against him. If he wanted someone, he always wins. But the problem was the girl sitting in front of him. She wasn't playing with him. She wasn't even looking at him. While she sat at the table with the window right behind her, the sunlight glowed softly behind her, making her look like she belonged to another world. At that thought, Roman Orr's heart suddenly ached. Unconsciously, he reached out to grab hold of her hand as if he was afraid she'll disappear.

"You said you won't disturb me" Mina did not see the anxious look in Roman Orr's eyes as she spoke coldly. "What are you doing?"

                Roman Orr wasn't sure what he was doing and quickly let go of her hand.Closing the text book, Mina stood ready to leave went the taller boy blocked her.

"What do you want?"

"You" Roman Orr spoke bluntly, his eyes gazing down onto Mina's unmoved expression.

"You want me?" Mina smiles were cold, letting Roman Orr feel guilty somehow.

"I... I want you" Roman Orr, instinctively spoken the truth to his desire.

"Fine" Mina will play with Roman Orr the way he wants.

                Hearing her response, Roman Orr didn't feel happy. Instead, he felt lost. Was it because her eyes held no warmth?

"I have some time" Mina glanced over at the clock in the wall. "Where do you want me?"

                Startled, Roman Orr looked at Mina, seeing if there was any deep meaning to her words or her eyes. But there was nothing. Feeling unsettled, Roman Orr wanted to laugh it off and play but found himself unable to do so. Mina didn't notice his inner conflict; instead, she took his hand and leads him away - not caring that several students in the library had noticed.