05.2 - Earl Richard

Laughter continued to spread through the auditorium while the young woman slowly stood to her feet. Everyone had been too busy laughing to notice the girl's unreadable expression while she head to the microphone. While she took in all those who was laughing at her, Mimi Ahn did not miss the smirk on the couple sitting in the front row. The two people had stolen her lyrics and sung her song just moments ago. They had originally approached the naive Mimi Ahn, outwardly showing a friendly smile while plotting to steal her music sheet when she wasn't looking. When Mimi Ahn heard them sing the song she written for the semi-final round, she was devastated by their deception. In the original story, Mimi Ahn had endured the couple's betrayal and did not confront them for stealing her song. The foolishly kind girl let the couple have her song without a fight. That very song allowed the couple to advance to the finals and the two eventually won the competition. With Mimi Ahn's song, the couple was given a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with RE Label most popular female artist and gain immediately gain fame when the song hit number one in the world's music chart. While the couple continue to grow into one of the world's most sought after songwriters, Mimi Ahn had to endure the long, harsh path as an unknown, third rate songwriter. No matter what she wrote, her music was seen as "duplicates" to the couple's style. And no one wanted to sing the so-call replica when the original was superior. No one knew that Mimi Ahn had been the original songwriter all along.

Closing her eyes, Mimi quietly smiled. The original Mimi Ahn had chosen in the last minute to sing a different song. To avoid confrontation, Mimi Ahn did not want to fight with the couple she thought was her friend. The couple had sneered because they believed the stupidly kind girl will never meet them head-on. They depended on that fact and so boldly stole her music without any hesitation. It was truly unlucky on their end that the soul within Mimi Ahn entered the moment she fall. No longer kind - no longer gentle or benevolent, Mimi opened her eyes, revealing clear, piercing eyes.

Beside the heartless person

I won't say I'm in love

I won't admit you're the one

Even if I'm left with tears

And waste all the years

I won't say I'm in love

Blame me for being foolish

When I see your happy smile

I foolishly run for mile

This maybe the reason why

I always cry, unable to say goodbye

Beside the heartless person

I won't say I'm in love

I won't admit you're the one

Even if I'm left with tears

And waste all the years

I won't say I'm in love

Rain is falling like tears

Beside the heartless person

It's too late for regrets

Much too late to forget

Much too late to reset

Beside the heartless person

I won't say I'm in love

Mimi sung only using her clear, lovely voice. The band who had thought to play a different song, was startled when Mimi sang a song which another songwriter previously performed. The competition had strictly told the songwriters to sing their original songs, but Mimi had sung the same song as someone else. Confusion spread the auditorium. Without a need for any music to accompany her, Mimi Ahn had sung so beautifully and confidently as if the song belonged to her. The couple was completely shocked at Mimi's challenged. Her eyes glared at them, daring them to speak out and confront her. When the couple paled to her furious stare, Mimi smirked. The couple previously needed music sheets to perform, while Mimi sang by memory. Her performance clearly told everyone who was the true writer of the song. But Mimi did not care to say a single word. Lifting her eyes to the crowd, she raised a middle finger and stick out her tongue telling everyone that she did not give a damn about what they thought about her. Stunned, people watched as the young woman jumped off the stage and walked out. No one thought the young woman would forfeit the competition without an explanation. No one knows that the current Mimi did not care to win the competition.

Walking down the auditorium aisle, she ignored all the eyes on her. She only cared about the pair of dark, deep eyes from the familiar handsome man. But it was much too soon for Mimi to make her move. The game had just begun. Walking straight toward the man she knew was Richard Earl, Mimi did not bother to greet him. Instead, she walked passed him and out the doors.