04.5 - Tsai Xuan

Muxue was taken into a small empty tent and was left alone for hours. Sneering, she knew that Tsai Xuan was messing with her and pledged to get him back for everything. The Commander did not know who he had messed with, but the soul inside Muxue was a very petty person. She was an arm and leg for a tooth kind of person. If someone steps on her foot, she'll cut off the person leg and beat him to death with it.

Soon enough, the flaps to the tent opened and four men entered wearing the infamous Tsai armor. Each men had an general seal on the left side of their armor, showing their status and rank. Any normal woman would have been intimidated by the sight of four deadly and dangerous looking men. But the soul with Muxue was shaken by the man standing front and center of the four generals. The very tall and handsome man with dark eyes - eyes which she could never forget even if she wanted to.

"Han Muxue" The same husky, deep voice spoke with a lilt of amusement. "You said you were Tsai Xuan's fiancé? Where is your proof?"

Muxue controlled her inner emotion as she reached around her neck and pulled out a black jade. The round jade was the size of her small palm with the word Tsai carved in the center. Despite it's simple look, black jade was a rare stone. Only a dozen exist in the world. The Tsai Family own three pieces - one of which is currently in Muxue hand. It had been the betroth gift given to Muxue since she was four. The former Han Muxue had wore it until the day she died without ever knowing its true value.

"Don't touch it!" Han Muxue put it back inside her clothes when the man reached out to touch it.

"How would I know it's authentic if I don't take a closer look?"

"You know it's authentic the moment I showed it to you. Don't play me for a fool general "

"Bold little thing" The man smiled sharply while he pinched Muxue's chin.

"Don't you dare touch me!" Muxue smack his hand away. "I'm your commander's betrothed. How can you disrespect him?"

"How am I disrespecting him? You claim to be his betrothed, but Tsai Xuan had never mentioned you to us." The man laughed while he glance back at the three other men in the tent. "Has he to any of you?"

Muxue saw them shook their head with a trained empty expression.

"See. Aren't you a little foolish to come to an army camp ground? Be thankful your head is still intact"

Muxue glared at the man while he continued to speak with a playful grin on his face.

"Jade or not, fiancé or not, you are not welcomed here"

"I didn't come here to speak to you" Muxue stood, looking up at the man straight on. "I came here to speak to your commander. Where is he?"

"You think you can talk to Tsai Xuan so easily?" He laughed. "Who do you think you are?"

"I'm your commander's betrothed, his wife to be." Muxue shot back at him sharply. "You continued to speak that way to me and_"

"And what?" He smirked with his arm crossed. "What will you do?"

"Tsai Xuan is your commander" Muxue spoke each word fearlessly. "As his general, you first disrespect him by touching his fiancé. Whether he knows about me or not, cares about me or not, I am his still betrothed. The entire nation of Hexin knows it. It was decided upon by your previous Commander, Tsai Xuan's grandfather"

Muxue then looked at the others 3 generals, one was old enough to have followed the previous Commander before - the same one who recognized her moments ago.

"Speaking to the woman the previous Commander had chosen, you're not worth this" Muxue boldly pointed to the general's symbol on the tall handsome man's armor.

While the other three were startled, the tall young man only laughed.

"I'm not leaving until I see the Commander" Muxue sat back down on the hardwood bed.

"And if he's not here?" The tall man gave his usual playful grin. "Are you going to wait here forever?"

"If he's not here, tell me where he is" Muxue ignored the tall man and look at the other generals.

Muxue held back a smirk when none of the other three dared to say a word. She knew well that the tall man beside her was the reason to it, but she continued to play ignorant.

"You want to know where he is?"

Muxue turned to face the tall man beside her.

"It will cost you if you want to know"

"How much do you want?" Muxue asked straightforwardly.

"A kiss" The handsome man lowered his head close to Muxue face, staring into her fierce eyes.

Muxue did not move, keeping her eyes on him - daring him to touch her. Chuckling, the man stood up straight while keeping his eyes on her face.

"The Commander is at the capital" One of the generals finally spoke.

Muxue turned to look at the general who spoke. Without flaws, the man had lied without blinking. Muxue hid a smile - seeing that her opponents are good liars very much like herself. Turning to look at the tall handsome man she knew was Tsai Xuan, Muxue kept her usual unaware expression. Inside, she was laughing - willing to play this game with him and his little friends.

"Where do you think you're going?" Tsai Xuan chuckled when Muxue suddenly made her way toward the entrance of the tent.

"The capital" Muxue replied without looking back.

But before she reached for the flaps, two generals blocked her way.

"You were lucky to have infiltrated his army campground unscathed" Tsai Xuan chuckled while he looked at Muxue's back with his arms across his chest. "You won't be as lucky with the Tsai Estate in the capital. That jade of yours will not help you through the gate"

Muxue already knew from the start. The demon Commander was infamous for be private and secluded - rarely allowing guest into his home. Beside his grandmother who could freely come and go, guards, servants, and maids are trained never to allow anyone else without his verbal approval. Even the Emperor's personal eunuch with a royal edict had to gain entry through proper protocol. Therefore, someone who means nothing to the Commander, someone like Muxue, would be denied entrance. Even if she were to say she was Tsai Xuan's fiancé and had proof of their engagement, the guards at the gate will not let her in unless their master approved it.

But Muxue put on a stubborn front and refused to look back at Tsai Xuan knowing well he was amused by her. Glaring at the generals who were blocking her way, she told them without words to step aside so she can leave.

"Tell you what" Tsai Xuan chuckled. "We will escort you to the capital"

Muxue kept her expression carefully calm even though she wanted to sneer. She knew the man had something up his sleeves.

"We couldn't let the Commander's supposed fiancé to get hurt along the way" Tsai Xuan teased while he placed a hand on top of Muxue's head.

Muxue was four years older than Tsai Xuan but the younger man was taller, bigger, and so much stronger than her. It was clear that he was treating her like a toy with his hand on top of her head.

"Don't touch me" Muxue smacked his arm while moving away from him. "I don't need your help"

"Help?" Tsai Xuan grin was evil. "Who said we were helping you?"

"You_"

"I just want to see how you can get into the Tsai estate" Tsai Xuan smile was as cruel as his words. "It's been a while since I've seen a little woman beaten to death, it'll be amusing to watch"

Muxue's eyes sharpen as if she was ready to kill Tsai Xuan any moment. Seeing her dark eyes, Tsai Xuan only smile more.