05.16 - Earl Richard

"Oh god..."

I groan out in pain. Being shot was definitely more excruciating than what the movies make it seems.

"Welcome back"

"Bob, if you give me anything less than $200,000, I'll quit playing this game!"

"..."

"Do you hear me!"

"How did you manage to double the prize? Especially since you did not win the game?"

"How did I not win? Not only did I got Richard Earl to fall for me, that crazy ass Jayden Kay was obsess with me"

"Only because you're the protagonist"

"Bullshit, protagonist or not, two men fall for me so that means I get twice the amount of money"

"..."

"I know the ending of the story. Don't try to cheat me Bob"

After Mimi Ahn's death, I was given a glimpse of the final story. While the male lead had crazed thoughts of possessing Mimi Ahn, he hadn't thought to kill her. Her death, had truly been an unfortunate accident. But even so, the authority did not let the man escape the laws for killing an innocent woman. Realizing his deadly mistake, Jayden Kay did not resist the arrest. In the end, he willingly plead guilty to his crimes and spend the rest of his life in prison. The male lead life was supposed to be filled with fame and glory as one of the world's top artists - instead, he was scorn and forgotten by society. Confined in a small cell, the male lead spend years regretting and remembering Mimi Ahn.

Many people mourned for Mimi Ahn's death. The woman was a rising star in the music world. Including Alice Smith and Davina, many had loved and admired the talented and beautiful DJ. Her sudden lost had brought despair and confusion. No one could understand why the famous singer Jayden Kay would think to hurt Mimi when the two were not connected. There had been no discussion or sight of the two together. While several of Jayden Kay's circle of friends were aware of the man's interest for the DJ, no one would think the man's interest was in the level of possessiveness. After all, Mimi never once shown the man interest or give inclination to interact with him.

Alice Smith especially could not handle Mimi's sudden death and lost sense of reality afterward. Sadly, the old woman could only cope the lost by calling every young woman Mimi. And knowing how much Mimi loved and cared for Alice, Davina had took Mimi's place to care for the old woman.

As for Richard Earl, losing Mimi brought emptiness and darkness to his life. Living each day, caring about nothing and no one, Richard Earl was nothing but a shell without a heart or soul. He didn't hate, didn't care, and didn't love. No longer laughing, smiling or showing any sort of emotions, the man was like a lifeless doll, moving along the motion of each passing day. And he lived a long, lonely life, never caring to find anyone else to love. Until his very last breath, all he remember and thought about was Mimi Ahn.

"If I was not killed, Richard and I would have gotten married. The man would have devoted and cared for me until the very end"

"I still don't see why that earns you $200,000"

"Compensation for that crazy male lead"

"Compensation? Why do I have to compensate you for what the male lead had done?"

"Your game, your responsibility over the characters of the game. I didn't provoke the male lead so the fault lies with you"

"..."

"Man up and pay up"

"..."

Seconds later, I recieved notification on my phone for the funds deposit from BOB.

"Satisfied?"

I ignored the crazy-voice-in-my-head while setting the phone back on the night stand.

"Whatever, take me to the next game"

"What? Nothing to say about Richard?"

I laid back down on my bed and closed my eyes. It didn't take long before the invisible force punched me in the gut, knocking me out cold.