06.6 - Rivera Lukas

"Miss Luther" A calm, smooth voice spoke with a lilt of laughter. "Surely, you must give us board members a reason why you would reject every single proposal and contract here"

Many people were relieved to hear the familiar voice speak out. Maxie eyes went to the regal old man wearing a dark blue three piece suit. Sitting to the right side of Cain Jager was Alan Rivera - the head monarch of the Rivera Shipping Empire. Very much like his old friend Cain Jager, Alan Rivera was a powerful businessman who own more than 75% of the shipping industry. The name Jager may be respected, but the name Rivera was feared. There wasn't a powerful corporation in the world that the Rivera does not have their hands on. The fact that the man owns 5% of Jager Corp. was proof of his influence to the business world.

"Very well, out of respect to you Mr. Rivera, I don't mind being contested to those who feel their proposals deserve approval" Maxie spoke casually. "But I will do this only once. I doubt previous CEO of Jager Corp. was questioned for his decision"

"Yes. My apologies" Alan Rivera chuckled softly since Maxie did not appeared to be upset.

If anything, she looked like she was enjoying the challenge.

"Since we have some time before the meeting ends" Maxie continued indifferently while glancing down at her pink gold Rolex. "Anyone who wish to state why their proposal merit my approval, stand up now"

An entire row of executives stood up confidently. Hiding a smirk, Maxie pointed to the man closest to her and told him to present his proposal before everyone. But the man smirked and claimed that since Maxie already reviewed his file, so she should let everyone know why she rejected his work.

"While I've reviewed your work, everyone else here has not" Maxie spoke with a slight lift of her brow and grinned at the man for challenging her. "Do you expect this CEO to be your personal secretary and give a summary your proposal?"

The executive turned red before he paled.

"Well?" Maxie's tone and eyes sharpened.

The man was suddenly too flustered to speak.

"Don't say this CEO did not give you a chance to defend your proposal" Maxie coldly pointed to the next person standing. "Next"

This time, the second executive was smart enough not confront Maxie directly. Instead, he spoke about his proposal. For fifteen minutes, the man confidently talked about how his proposal could bring in 20% profit to the company. By the end of his speech, more than half of the people in the board room were certain that Maxie Luther have lost face. No one expected Maxie to sit forward with her personal cell phone in one hand while dialing on the board room intercom phone with the other.

"Hello, SEK Entertainment"

"Good afternoon, my name is Jane May, Marketing Director of Kina Trading Incorporation" Maxie set her cheek on her palm while she spoke on the speaker phone. "I would like to speak to one of the finance advisers regarding potential business campaign"

"Yes ma'am, please hold while I transfer your call"

Maxie tapped her fingers against the wood table while she was put on hold. Everyone else in the board room was stunned at the scene being played out in front of them. Maxie spent approximately 5 minutes on the phone with the finance adviser before she got several price quote packages. Thanking the man for his help, Maxie hang up the phone and continued to dial the next number she searched up in her cell phone. For 30 minutes, Maxie called a total of six different companies - entertainment, venue, contractors, advertising, graphic designers, and videographers. Once she was done, she gave her attention back to the shell-shocked executive.

"So tell me how is spending 15 million on a 10 million project, bringing in 20% profit?" Maxie still had her cheek on her palm as she looked at the now nervous executive. "Were you planning to make up the 5 million dollar loss by bringing in 8 million?"

"Y_ Yes, that's exactly it"

"That confident, aren't you?" Maxie smile as she sat up straight. "Unfortunately, I can't afford to give you the benefits of the doubt. Giving you 5 million leeway will force me to give others the same benefit. There are approximately 120 files in front of us. 5 million times 120 is how much?"

The man paled.

"Mr. Jager" Maxie's sharp eyes went to the old man across the table. "If you have confidence in your executive, then please overwrite my decision and approved his proposal"

The executives were all afraid to look over at Cain Jager. Everyone knew the old man was the no-nonsense type. There was no way he would approved a 15 million on a 10 million project. And he would definitely not believe the executive is able to make up 5 million dollar or by bring in 8 million. The truth was plain for anyone to see that the executive was cheating money. It was unlucky on his end that the soul inside Maxie Luther could calculate money like no one else ever could.

"Now" Maxie continued to smile while looking on to the next executive down the line. "Let's hear your proposal"

The older woman was visibly shaking.

"Well?" Maxie smile became sharper while her eyes went down the line of frightened executives. "No one else wants to defend their proposal?"

After Maxie displayed her shrew and unpredictable ways, how could anyone else dare to challenge with her? From the start, no one could out speak her.

"Mr. Rivera, you can attest my leniency today. I've given everyone a chance to speak"

The old man chuckled and nodded with understanding. With a bored expression, Maxie purposely glanced down at her Rolex again.

"We've wasted enough time today, the meeting can end" Maxie then stood up and gave a bright smile to the 4th wife. "4th Grandmother, do you know now agree I did my job properly?"

The 4th wife was too angry and humiliated to speak.

"Uncle? Anymore complaints?" Maxie turned to the 3rd son.

The 3rd son was also too angry and humiliated to speak. Continuing to smile carefree, Maxie looked at Alison Lee Jager, seeing a pleased smile on the old woman's face.

"Let's go home grandmother"

Alison Lee nodded and stood. When the two women left the board room, Maxie smiles disappeared.

"You don't need to follow me"

The CEO's Head Secretary had followed Maxie out the board room. It was typical for the Head Secretary to continue to follow the CEO until he or she leaves the building.

"Go back to my 2nd uncle and report to him that I no longer need your service"

The Head Secretary was startled. He didn't expect she knew who he was working for.

"Ma'am_"

The older man could not say another word at Maxie's cold eyes on him. It was clear to the man that Maxie was dismissing him. Even if he apologized or begged for his job back, it was impossible. Maxie already deemed him untrustworthy. For a head secretary to lose the CEO's trust, he no longer has value. In shame, the man could only watch as Maxie continued to walk forward.

"I can find you someone more reliable" Alison Lee told Maxie while walking beside her.

"No need" Maxie smiled quietly. "I can find my own"

Hearing the young woman's word and see her unreadable smile, Alison Lee did not worry any further.