04.15 - Tsai Xuan

Before Muxue stepped into the main hall, she already heard laughter. Upon entrance, she took notice of the refined elder woman wearing a dark purple Cheongsam dress with silver Koi fishes embroidery. Her white short hair was curled and kept very elegantly, letting Muxue know the woman was a person of taste and style. Of course, Muxue also took notice of the handsome young man sitting beside the refined elder woman. Tsai Xuan had also changed out of his Commander's robes and armor and into a black Changshan robe. It had been the first time Muxue seen the Commander in his casual attire, but his intense aura did not diminish at all. If anything, the man sexual appeal intensified in his relax state.

Meanwhile, Tsai Xuan had took notice of Muxue's presence just as she entered the main hall. Dressed in a pastel pink Cheongsam dress with white plum blossom embroidery, Muxue long hair was style simply with a single flower clip to the side. Although Tsai Xuan had seen Muxue dressed beautifully back when she was still in her home town, he never truly appreciated her beauty until now. Was it because his deepen feelings for her?

"Muxue..."

Tsai Xuan had left his grandmother side to go to Muxue at the entrance. When he took her hand, he smiled when she tried to pull away from him. Even though she was glaring at him, Tsai Xuan's heart could help but be delighted because her dark eyes had been focused on him.

"Xuan-er" Elder Tsai smiles were as soft as her voice. "What are you doing? Bring her in"

Tsai Xuan guide Muxue toward the stone table in the middle of the main hall where his grandmother said.

"Muxue, you wanted to meet my grandmother" Tsai Xuan smiled at Muxue before he look at his grandmother with a grin. "Nainai, this is Han Muxue"

"Yes, Muxue" Elder Tsai reached for Muxue's hand with a warm smile. "Come, let Nainai take a closer look of you"

Muxue went to take Tsai Xuan's grandmother's hand and sat in the stone stool beside her when the elder woman lightly tug her down.

"My, my, you have grown so beautiful" Elder Tsai patted Muxue's hand which she still hold onto. "The last time I saw you, you were still a little girl... only four years old"

Elder Tsai's eyes soften while she reminisced about the past.

"Do you remember, the one who gave you this black jade was me?" Elder Tsai smiles softly as she looked at the round black jade hanging like a necklace pendant on Muxue. "I'm so happy you still kept it on you all these years"

Muxue remained silent as she listened to the elder woman speak.

"Forgive me Muxue... because I have spoil Xuan-er, I've let him neglect his engagement to you. To have waited so long, you must feel resentment toward this family"

The current Muxue did not feel anything toward the Tsai Family, but she knew the previous Han Muxue did. Which woman wouldn't feel bitterness when her supposed fiancé and his family forgotten about her? Which woman wouldn't feel angry for having to wait her spring years for someone who did not care for her? Han Muxue had been wronged for 25 years and would have suffered for the rest of her life because of her weak personality. Fortunately, the current soul within her is nothing but weak.

"Muxue does not dare..." Muxue withdraw her hand from the elder woman's grasp. "Elder Tsai does not need to apologize to Muxue"

Muxue would have stand but the elder woman held her back with a soft hand on her arm. With a pleading smile, Tsai Elder wanted Muxue to stay seated.

"How can I not apologize when we have wronged you? Muxue, how can we make this up to you?"

Muxue closed her eyes, contemplating her next words.

"Muxue only ask for the Han's family jade"

Elder Tsai's face held disappointment, but Muxue remained unmoved.

"Your jade belong to me"

Hearing Tsai Xuan's comment, Muxue turned slightly to see the man holding the square white jade in his hand. The jade had a single character "Han" engraved in the center. In response to Tsai Xuan's statement, Muxue took off the black jade necklace and held it out to him. Without words, Muxue was telling him to exchange the white jade with her.

"No" Tsai Xuan grinned and placed the white jade back inside his robe.

Frowning, Muxue turned back to Elder Tsai, hoping she would speak for her.

"I'm sorry Muxue... I've already given it to Xuan-er"

Muxue smirked inside. She knew as soon as Tsai Xuan came back to the Tsai Residence, he would go to his grandmother to take the white jade. She had wittingly placed importance on the white jade for days in front of Tsai Xuan and his soldiers. She did it so that the man himself will be fixated on it.

"I no longer need it" Muxue placed the black jade on the table and stood. "Elder Tsai, Han Muxue does not have the fortune to be a part of the Tsai Family. Forgive me for breaking the promise made between our families"

"Han Muxue" Tsai Xuan grabbed hold of Muxue's arm and pulled her flushed to his body. "You think I'll let you go?"

Refusing to look at him, Muxue kept her eyes down. Irritated by her coldness, Tsai Xuan let go of her arm to wrap his hand around her waist, crushing her body to him.

"I won't set you free" Tsai Xuan's voice was dark and deep.

"Xuan-er" Elder Tsai sighed softly. "Don't be rude. Let Muxue go"

It had been the first time the elder woman saw her grandson so anxious about anything or anyone. Seeing how Tsai Xuan's eyes were absorbed on Muxue while his arm were possessively around her waist, Elder Tsai understood Muxue importance to her grandson.

"Muxue..." Elder Tsai stood and said gently. "I will write the disengagement letter"

"Nainai!" Tsai Xuan's eyes flash with anger.

"But with one condition" Elder Tsai ignored her grandson outburst while focusing on Muxue. "Muxue, stay here and keep me company for 3 months... After three months, wherever you wish to go, I will help you get there"

Muxue knew the "condition" was a ploy to keep her there long enough for Tsai Xuan to convince her to stay. Seeing the man's grin while his arm tightened around her waist, Muxue gave a hesitant expression.

"Muxue... I hope you can fulfill my request"

Looking at the elder woman, Muxue could see the sincerity in her eyes. Even if Elder Tsai was requesting on behalf of her grandson, the woman was still sincere in wanting Muxue to accompany her. When Muxue gave a soft nod, Tsai Xuan and his grandmother both were instantly relieved. Little did they know, Muxue had not planned to leave so easily from the start.