08.14 - Nox Maxwell

Mavi's life in the Mare territory didn't change much from her life in the Nubes mountainous terrain. A lazy person by nature, she never cared to do any extraneous activities. Fortunately, she didn't have to do much of anything except play, eat, and sleep. One would think that the prince's mate would prepare the man his favorite meal at the end of the long day and shower him with affection. Mavi was not the sort of mate. Instead, the Mare prince was the one who made sure the meals are catered toward Mavi's taste. Affection? Only Mavi and the Mare prince knows the truth to whom shower whom affection.

Of course, while the Mare prince dotes on his mate. Everyone else in the tribe stand firm against the mating. On normal circumstances, as the Mare prince's mate, the woman would be pampered by the entire tribe. Every day there would be gift offerings or invitation for social gathering. But Mavi was isolated. While everyone knew she lived within the prince's living quarter, no one cared to reach out to her. If not for Maxwell Nox's status, the cooks would not even have prepared Mavi's meals. Still, Mavi didn't care about the isolation. If anything, she was glad that she didn't have to fulfill any of prince's mate many duties. A lazy person would naturally embrace life of no work. The soul within Mavi was exactly the sort.

But while Mavi continue to live carefree, the Mare royal family grew more dissatisfied. The whole tribe had band together to isolate the prince's mate in hopes to force her out. Really - who would bare being shun? Who would be shameless enough not to know when she's not welcome? Yet the Mare tribe have completely underestimate exactly how shameless Mavi was. They thought by shunning her, she'll be unhappy. The reality was, Mavi continue to play, eat, and sleep on her own.

Days became weeks and weeks became months. It was clear that Mavi wasn't leaving on her own, thus, the royal family thought to push her out. First, the Mare leader sent for a private meeting with young woman - thinking to intimidate the fragile looking woman with threats to break the alliance with her tribe if she does not break the bond with the Mare prince. Mavi's response? She used her big beautiful eyes and stare at the Mare leader. She couldn't show emotion but she could use her sweet voice and her alluring appearance.

"Father..." Mavi purposely spoke in a soft, sweet voice. "Mavi is willing to leave, but Maxwell will not allow it... He... he won't let me go..."

Mavi threw the Mare prince to the lion without a care. The lion was, after all, his father.

"What...?"

Let's not forget the Mare leader was an alpha male. To see a weak, beautiful creature showing distress, his reaction would to protect her. And because Mavi was playing the victim, the Mare leader could only blame his son. Thus the Mare leader would only helplessly send the fragile creature back to the safety of her living quarters while ordering the warriors to go get the prince.

Since the Mare leader couldn't deal with Mavi, his mate stepped up. Mavi's counter? Outright ignorance. No matter what the Mare leader's wife say or do, Mavi would pretend like she doesn't understand. The woman started off soft, giving Mavi a sorrowful mother's act. Maxwell Nox was her only son and the prince of the Mare tribe. He must have children - and for him to have children, his mate must be of pure blood.

"But mother..." Mavi tilted her head to the side and said innocently. "Mavi is of pure blood."

The Mare leader's wife obviously meant of "Mare" blood.

"You can't give him children." The Mare leader's wife lost her patience.

"I can't?" Mavi continued to play dumb. "Why can't I?"

It was believed by the three tribes of Mystic Orbis that only mates of the same race could have children. There never had been "mixed" children so that belief was never questioned. Now that Mavi questioned it, the Mare leader's wife was left speechless. How could she answered a question that has yet to be proven wrong? Unable to stand Mavi's "ignorance", the Mare leader's wife left bitterly - no longer wanting to deal with Mavi.

With the Mare leader's wife out, the Mare princess went up for the challenge. The gorgeous princess was similar to her older brother - strong, indifferent, and straightforward. The woman told Mavi bluntly that no one welcomes her and that the Mare prince was too good for an inferior Nubes female. She continued with a string of insults, clearly to bring Mavi's spirit down. Mavi's reaction? She let the woman say what she want to say. Arguing with the Mare princess was like arguing with a bull. Mavi didn't want to waste energy trying to reason with a person who already have set thoughts about her. Sometimes, silence was the best way to counter with such person.

"Princess Caitlin, aren't you been too harsh?"

A very seductive voice had Mavi turned to see a very sexy woman with waist-long wavy blue hair and big blue eyes. With her height and body, the woman was easily the most captivating female Mare.

"Aisling." The Mare princess instantly gave a friendly smile. "You're here."

Aisling - the supposed woman whom everyone wants the Mare prince to mate with. Seeing the woman for the first time, Mavi understood why. A gorgeous woman would be expected for a gorgeous prince. While Mavi sneered inside, she kept silence as she watched the play the two women were playing at. It was no coincidence that the woman name Aisling appeared in the palace grounds. Obviously, the princess had invited the sexy woman to show just how suitable the Mare woman was in comparison to Mavi. Even Mavi hate to admit how well Aisling would look beside Maxwell Nox.

All of a sudden, a wave of nausea hit Mavi. At the mere thought that the sexy Aisling suits Maxwell Nox, Mavi's stomach begin to turn. Then like she's being thrown to a storm, her head begin to spin. Right before she blacked out, a booming voice called for her.

"Mavi!"

Maxwell Nox had came back after the long day of surveying the Mare's territory. The first thing he saw was his sister and her friend standing over Mavi's unconscious body. Panic took over him as he rushed to Mavi's side.

"S_ She just fell." The Mare princess stepped away after seeing her older brother's dark eyes glaring at her with rage. "I didn't touch her. I swear!"

Maxwell Nox knew family did not care for Mavi, but they would never harm Mavi physically. Still, that did not mean he would forgive them if they cause Mavi's suffering. For Mavi to faint suddenly, Maxwell Nox could guess the mental strain that was put on her.

"Prince Maxwell." Aisling spoke while frowning at the unconscious Mavi in the prince's arm. "Princess Caitlin and I did not touch this Nubes woman. Believe us, she may be pretending_"

"Guards!" Maxwell Nox called as he stood with Mavi in his arms. "From now on, no one is allowed entrance without my permission."

Instantly, the group of warriors stood between the Mare princess and the Mare prince.

"Call for the healer." Maxwell Nox walked away, completely ignoring his sister.

"Brother!"

"Prince!"

Even though the Mare princess and her friend called frantically for Maxwell Nox, the warriors would not disobey their prince's order and kept the women at bay.

"What happened to my mate?"

As soon as Maxwell Nox set Mavi on their bed, the healer rushed in to check her condition. Seeing the healer's frown, Maxwell Nox's heart begin to panic once more.

"What happened to my mate?"

He repeated the question - causing the healer to feel extreme pressure.

"Prince... this..." The healer wasn't sure what he should say because the situation was too unbelievable.

"Answer me!"

"Pregnant." The healer answered without thinking.

"What...?" Maxwell Nox was stunned.

The healer, himself was stunned. For the first time in Mystic Orbis, there will be a child conceived from two different tribes.