04.18 - Tsai Xuan

When Tsai Xuan and Muxue finally joined Elder Tsai at the main hall for dinner, the old woman was beaming with joy. While Muxue managed to hide all of marks Tsai Xuan left on her body, she couldn't help the glow of a well-loved woman. Moreover, Tsai Xuan's big grin pretty much answered any question his grandmother had. So before dinner even started, the old woman already planned out the whole wedding.

As if they were afraid Muxue would change her mind and run, the wedding quickly took place a week later. Tsai Xuan was a low-key man to begin with and so did not care to have a big grand wedding. And while he was the all-powerful Commander of Hexin, he did not care to invite anyone from the imperial court to his wedding. The only person he allowed entrance was his friend, the Crown Prince Yang Jin. Beside the Crown Prince, only soldiers and generals from the Tsai Army was there to see the Tsai Xuan and his bride both dressed in fire red, bowing to the heaven, earth, and Elder Tsai - solidifying their bond as husband and wife.

After the bowing ceremony, Tsai Xuan and Muxue invited their guest to the estate's expansive plum blossom garden where tables were set up for the reception. Naturally, the Crown Prince and the four generals sat at the same table as Tsai Xuan, Muxue, and Elder Tsai. Seeing the protagonist of the story for the first time, Muxue could not help but admire inside. Truly worthy of the protagonist's position, Yang Jin was gorgeous with a majestic aura. When their eyes met, Muxue almost forgot to not stare. Carefully bowing her head to the noble prince, Muxue casually turned to Elder Tsai to pour her more tea. By acting her part as a fidelity granddaughter-in-law, Tsai Xuan took notice and reached to take her hand. Not caring that all his men and friend were watching, Tsai Xuan lifted Muxue's hand up and kissed the inside of her palm. The act had let everyone there know where Tsai Xuan's heart lies.

With Tsai Xuan showing his adoration openly, the Crown Prince stood with a warm smile and congratulated the couple with a cup of wine in hand. Following suit, the four generals and all the soldiers stood to congratulate their Commander and Muxue. Happy by all the good wishes, Tsai Xuan stood and lifted Muxue up into his arms. Hiding her smirk against the man's broad chest, Muxue could hear all the whistling and laughter. While it appeared to everyone that the bride was shy, Muxue was actually rolling her eyes. The hot blooded Commander was simply showing off that the beauty in his arms belonged to him. As Tsai Xuan carried her away, Muxue buried her face against his chest trying hard not to laugh. That night of their wedding, Tsai Xuan marked Muxue in every way possible until the two passed out from the ecstasy.

The following day, Muxue played the good wife and daughter-in-law by waking up early to prepare the morning meals. To see the beauty setting up the table filled with warm food, Tsai Xuan naturally went to her and held her in his embrace.

"Enough..." Muxue pushed gently at his chest. "Nainai is watching... sit and eat"

Chuckling softly, Tsai Xuan sat down and watched as Muxue continued to set up the table with the group of maids behind her.

"Nainai" Muxue smiled softly at the old woman. "If there's something nainai doesn't like, let Muxue knows... I'll do my best to change the taste to nainai's liking"

"Everything looks wonderful dear. I'm not a picky eater so do not concern yourself and sit"

Muxue sat after she poured the old woman's a cup of tea. No matter how kind and sweet the old woman was, Muxue knew it was important to play the good granddaughter-in-law. No grandmother likes a spoiled or misbehaved woman as her grandson's wife.

"Muxue" Tsai Xuan frowned when Muxue sat beside his grandmother. "What are you doing? Come here"

"You're a grown man and can serve yourself" Muxue purposely placed food in Elder Tsai's bowl with a sweet smile. "Nainai, try some of Muxue's vegetable dish"

"Good-good" The old woman laughed softly and ate happily.

The two women ignored Tsai Xuan's frowning while talking and eating with each other.

"Oh dear" Elder Tsai suddenly gasped with a hand to her mouth.

"What's wrong nainai?" Muxue patted the old woman's back, thinking that she choked on something.

"I can't believe I forgot" Elder Tsai turned to Muxue and took hold of her hands. "Muxue, your family - forgive this old woman for forgetting about your family"

Muxue showed a surprised expression before she quietly smiled.

"Nainai..." Muxue smiled. "Muxue's mother and father are no longer here..."

"Yes, I know" Elder Tsai squeezed her hands and said gently. "But there is still your uncle. He should have taken care of your in your parents place. I'm so sorry to have_"

"Nainai" Muxue took back her hand and said with a nervous tone. "It_ it's best that uncle is not here..."

Elder Tsai was surprised and looked at her grandson hoping to understand why Muxue looked nervous by the mention of her uncle. When Tsai Xuan showed a deadly cold expression, Elder Tsai became more confused. Meanwhile, inside Muxue's mind, she was planning out her original payback. She still have two slaps on her face to settle for.

"Muxue" Elder Tsai was concerned. "Is something wrong my dear?"

"I..." Muxue turned to the old woman with conflicted eyes before she looked down anxiously at her hands. "Muxue... ran away from home and came here without permission..."

Elder Tsai was again, surprised.

"If uncle knows Muxue is here... he'll be upset..." Muxue glanced nervously at the old woman - her words becoming more cryptic. "Please don't let uncle knows Muxue is here..."

While Elder Tsai did not understand why Muxue appeared so frightened, Tsai Xuan understood. After all, he was there the day when the old merchant came with the "supposed" dowry. He was there when Muxue was slapped twice by her angry uncle.

"Muxue, it's not good for us to marry without letting your family know" Tsai Xuan smiles hid his evil intentions. "I'll personally escort you back to your home on the third day. For your uncle care, I'll make sure to repay him well"

"But_" Muxue looked at Tsai Xuan with more alarm.

"Xuan-er is right" Elder Tsai smiled warmly, missing the cold expression on her grandson's face while she regard Muxue. "Muxue, please ask that he forgive this old woman for missing protocol. Xuan-er"

Elder Tsai then turned to her grandson.

"You must thank Muxue's uncle properly"

"Of course nainai" Tsai Xuan smiles were unreadable.

Muxue looked down at her hands, seemingly nervous by the conversation, while inside, she was laughing mischievously.