02.5 - Endou Kai

After the talk of love with little Noah, Mia suddenly remember the goal of the game. Laughing wryly to herself, she could not believe she have forgotten the point of her transmigration. She was supposed to find a man to love her, devote himself to her, and care for her for the rest of his days. Mia had been preoccupied in the past year so had forgotten the key rules of the game.

So what does she do? Mia went researching. She already has a target in mind so now all she has to do is put the plan foreword to motion.

Kai Endou is a single bachelor at 30 years old. Grew up in a very wealthy and prominent family, Kai Endou was the eldest of 2 sons. Handsome, intelligent, and very well liked in society, there was a long line of women who wanted to be the future Mrs. Endou. But the man - like Mark Walters, have always priorities his work and business above things like love. While he has his fair share of girlfriends, Kai Endou never cared for marriage much to his parents' concern. But his parents never pushed him into marriage until very recently. His free spirit younger brother and wife had passed away two years ago while the two were hiking through the Sahara desert. With their death, they left behind their four years old son to Kai Endou to care for.Kai Endou's parents have urged their son to marry in order to give the small child a complete family, but the man refused. Instead, he hired a nanny to look after his nephew and leave it as is.

According to the story, the nanny Kai Endou hired had secretly abused the small child for the two years she worked for him. Why? Because the woman wanted Kai Endou for her own and so used the child to get to the man. The woman beat the child while forcing him to tell his uncle how wonderful she was. She had hoped if the child mentioned how kind and great she was to his uncle, the man would soon take notice of her. But the man never does. The more he does not look her way, the crueler the beating becomes. Finally, it's Olivia Mills who finally took notice of the poor child condition. And because Olivia Mills have exposed the nanny evil ways, Kai Endou took notice of her. Seeing how kind and gentle Olivia Mills was with his nephew, Kai Endou's heart was moved. But the poor man was destined to be the second male lead of the story. To know that the woman was his friend's wife, he did not dare to covet her. He only love Olivia Mills in secret and remain forever single because of his feelings for her.

"Mommy?"

"Um?"

"What are you doing mommy?"

Mia was still doing research on her laptop when Noah came up from behind her. Standing over her shoulders, Noah wrapped his small arms around his mother's neck while he watched her surf the internet. Seeing images of what appeared to be a school, Noah panicked.

"Mommy, are you sending me off?" Noah's heart instantly dropped at the thought of being sent to boarding school.

"Silly boy" Mia laughed and lifted a hand to pat the side of his face. "I'm not sending you off"

"Then why are you looking at schools? I don't want to go."

"You have to go to school, silly boy" Mia was not aware of the panic in Noah's heart. "If you don't go, how will you grow up to be a smart, dependable man?"

Noah - indeed wanted to grow up dependable for his mother's sake. He understood the important of education since the teachers at the boarding school taught him that.

"I don't want to go" Noah was afraid. "I don't want to leave mommy"

Noah had thought school meant living somewhere else apart from his mother. Because he only ever knew boarding school, he thought all school required the students to live on board. Noah didn't know only the wealthy and privilege children can attend such schools. Noah also didn't know normal school does not provide that kind of accommodation to its students.

"Who said you'll leave me?" Mia laughed and turned to pick up her six year old son, putting him on her laps while she continued to show him the school he will attend. "Look, the school is not that far from here so mommy will be able to drop you off and pick you up easily. Look at how big it is and all the fun activities you'll be learning"

Noah only cared that his mother will take him to school and picking him up.

"Every day?"

"Um?" Mia looked at her son with a smile.

"Mommy will take Noah to school and pick me up every day?"

"Of course" Mia indulged the adorable little boy. "Mommy will take Noah to school and pick you up every day, who else would?"

"Ok"

"Ok?" Mia laughed softly.

Feeling happy, Noah turned back to the monitor, studying the pictures of the school - unaware of the sly smiles on his mother's beautiful face.