09.12 - Cyde

When Alexis and Cyde reached to The Valley of Plum Blossom, they were greeted by Nilo. At first, Nilo was happy to see his brother and friend, but quickly discover that his twin was injured and scowled.

"Did that dragon try to kill you again?" Nilo was furious. "That hateful_"

"Nilo." Alexis cut Nilo off anxiously. "Don't..."

Nilo knew Alexis was scared and worried. No matter what, the water dragon was a Qui master who could easily kill them. Not only were they weak children, they were nothing and replaceable in the eyes of celestial beings.

"Change with me." Nilo suddenly took off his black slash. "Hurry."

Alexis had been confused, while Cyde frowned when Nilo rushed to exchange their slash.

"Nilo, what are you doing?" Alexis asked while Nilo had already tied the white slash around his waist before tying the black slash around Cyde.

"That fox is going to make you harvest all those Phe plants." Nilo continued to secure the black slash around Cyde. "You're hurt like this. I'll do it in your stead."

"Nilo..." Alexis was touched and smile softly.

"You just don't want to comb her fur." Cyde spoke in a matter of fact causing Nilo smile wryly.

Alexis giggled to the side, while Nilo rubbed the back of his head feeling embarrassed.

"We should go." Nilo then push Cyde forward as he followed beside Alexis – playing his twin role.

Cyde didn't argue with Nilo and walked forward naturally – knowing every path through the valley by heart. Soon, the three entered the nine-tails fox guest quarter where the black fox appeared to be sleeping lazily on the large lounging chair. The most eye-catching thing was the two handsomest disciples was standing on each side of the chair, fanning the fox while she rests. Cyde could not stop the scowl forming on his usually emotionless face.

"Nilo, what took you so long?" The main disciple stood to the right of the chair questioned sternly. "Master asked you to guide the guest here hours ago."

Cyde didn't answer until Nilo nudged him from behind. Meanwhile, the two disciples frowned as if they had enough of "Nilo" usual stubborn ways.

"Don't scold your spoil little brother." Myka voice entered their minds while her fox form did not open her eyes. "He misses his dear brother and friend. It's natural he would bond with them before heading here..."

The two disciples wanted to scold Nilo but their master, like always, speaks up for him – thus stopping them continuing further.

"My fur needs to be brush Nilo..." Myka continued lazily.

Again, Cyde made no move or respond to the fox's call. The two disciples were about to reprimand the stubborn boy when Nilo nudged at Cyde's back hard – causing the unhealed bruise on his back to ache painfully. Cyde suppressed a painful groan by biting his lip – but the softest sound caused Myka's eyes to open.

"You two, bring our guests out to the Phe plant water field." Myka lifted her head and ordered in her usual calm tone. "It's due time for the plants to be harvest..."

"The tea..." Alexis kept her head bow respectfully even as she spoke nervously.

"After five baskets of Phe beans are harvest, I will teach you." Myka replied. "The two of you make sure nothing happens to our dear guests while they're in our territory..."

Her two disciples followed their master orders and left with the two children. As soon as Myka was alone with Cyde, the fox transformed into a woman in black robe and fox mask. Lifting the mask from her face, Myka face the young boy who barely turned 12. Time had move too slow for her liking, but she remained calm and collected. Seeing the prideful boy who never lowered his head, Myka couldn't help but want to tease him. But a glance at his lips, redden from fresh blood, Myka knew the boy was enduring physical pain. While she schemes in her mind how to get back at the merciless water dragon, Myka remain quiet as she studied the silent Cyde.

"Come here Nilo." Myka voice was suddenly commanding, startling Cyde.

Frowning, Cyde stayed rooted in place.

"Come here or be bald." Myka perfect eyebrow raised, challenging the boy to rebel against her.

Cyde gingerly walked over to the woman, stopping a few feet before her. Then before he could react, Myka reached out and placed a cold hand on his cheek. Frozen in place, he stared wide-eyes at the woman – seeing deep dimples on her cheek. And because he was staring at her, he didn't notice that the pain on his back had long disappeared.

"It's been a while since I've taught you new tricks." Myka retract her hand from his cheek before transforming back into the nine-tails fox.

The fox then jumped off the chair and headed out. When she reached the door, she turned her head slightly to look back at the boy. After a moment of silence, Cyde followed obediently behind her.