25

My dads making me learn Gaelic because ''it's an Irish thing that runs in the family'' and ''my daughter is becoming too American'' and I love my father so much. He's amazing. Legend.

/you lot should know by now that my chapters aren't edited/

xBreHoran

________________________

/25/

/Joey's POV/

The next morning I stood over the sink in the bathroom with my head in my hands. I felt weak and defeated, but I can't give up not yet. I jumped when the door opened. Beau glanced and at me through the mirror before grabbing his toothbrush and dismissing himself.

He hasn't talked to me in an entire month, and I can't live without him.

''You don't understand.'' I whispered shaking my head as tears poured from my eyes. ''You don't know how hard this is for me.''

''For you?!'' Beau yells, coming back into view. ''I can't sleep, I can't eat, and the girl I've been with for almost eleven years won't even marry me. You don't have to worry about anything!''

''You can't say that to me. You don't understand.'' I said to him.

''You never tell me anything anymore. You just cower away from everything now. You're pulling us apart.'' He says, his yelling wearing down. ''Joey, I love you. You are everything to me, but what type of relationship is this anymore?''

''Beau, I need to tell you something, but please promise you won't freak out and you won't leave me.''

He stepped forward, placing his hands in my waist from behind, ''I'd promise the world to you if I could. You know that.''

''Beau...'''

/Harmony's POV/

''Stop!'' I giggled as Grayson kicked my foot again under the library's table.

''I'm not doing anything. What are you talking about?'' He jokes, flashing me his perfect smile. I thought Brits are supposed to have crappy dental health.

''You aren't paying attention.'' I said, smiling as he leaned his head on my shoulder, his arms around my waist.

''I am. Just ask me a question.''

''When a phosphate head is removed, what happens to it's energy?''

''It's released.'' He answered looking up at me with hopeful eyes. I wanted to awe right then. ''Right?''

''Yeah. Exactly.'' I said. He's actually learning from this.

''I feel like I deserve another kiss on the cheek for that.''

I rolled my eyes and pecked his cheek. He just grinned in my direction. I turned the page in his text book and shot him another question.

''What does DNA make up?''

''Us?'' He questions. I nod.

''And what are we made up of...''

''Proteins!'' He shouts suddenly.

I giggle, shushing him. ''Yeah. Correct.

I started to turn through the pages, looking for something else he's weak in.

''Hey Harmony...I-I was wondering if you could maybe go on a, you know, date with me..tomorrow? If you can?! I mean, you don't have to! I understand if —"