/33/

Three short chapters dedicated to the fucking pilgrims hell yea

b.h.
____________________
/33/

The next morning was the worst.

Not because there was a massive pile of wrapping paper in the family room and the dump was closed. Not because everyone crashed here last night and we fell asleep in the movie room. But because Jo leaves to day. In about three hours she'll be on a flight back to New Zealand, but it's for the better.

I was standing over the balcony (which I use a lot often now, don't know why though) and I counted down the seconds until she left.

"Edward?" Blair called from in the room.

"Yeah? Outside."

Her footsteps got louder until she eventually made it outside. I felt her small hand touch my shoulder and I turned to her with a smile.

"Morning, princess. You were gone when I woke up?" I said, in a question. I woke Blair up and both of us moved to the bed (and I moved everyone else as well-woke them up) for the babies and her own protection.

"Yeah, just about everyone was up so I made breakfast. Lots of breakfast. You hungry? Think you can eat today?"

I knew she was referring to my disorder. Some days food just isn't an option; other days food is the only word I know. I nodded silently.

"Yeah. I feel kinda bad though. Like I ruined Christmas."

Her eyes softened. "You didn't ruin anything."

"I got into that petty argument and I couldn't keep a smile. I was just so moody."

"Edward, sweetie, it's not your fault -"

"I know but it's not fair. To me, the the kids, to you...it's just not fair. And she's leaving today. I yelled at her for like 20 minutes and now she's leaving," I said. I'm such a dick brother.

"Baby, she caught us all by surprise. If Drake did some shit like that to me, fuck yelling, I'd kick his arse. Pregnant or not."

I chuckled. "This is why I love you. Sexy and dominant."

"You horny bastard. Come downstairs to eat."

"I'd rather have breakfast upstairs," I smirked.

She smaked my arm, "Edward!"

*

"Morning everyone!" I said happily as I entered the kitchen.

"Morning daddy!"

Aliby was the first to yell out a greeting before running over to me. She held her arms up and I frowned at her.

"We said we'd stop this once you turn 5," I said.

"I don't, umm, what was that word, recall. I don't recall that conversation, Mr Styles, but I would appreciate it if I were on your hip right about now."

"I swear, you have the brain of an AP English Professor," I said bending over. I placed her on my hip and she wrapped her arms around my neck tightly.

"Love you, daddy."

"Love you, pumpkin."

"Love mumma's cooking more though," she said.

I shook my head as chuckles were shared across the room. I sat at the table with Aliby on my lap, my phone already in her grasp. She entered my passcode (Blair and I's wedding date) and checked my schedule.