/39/

/39/Blair's POV/

It was a sunny day in October, and the lot and I sat outside in the garden. Edward was supposed to be back a month ago, but the operation was extended, so a letter said that came in the post the other day.

Fletcher had an appointment a few weeks ago (all of the boys did) and the doctors discovered that he was deaf. He wasn't born deaf but overtime his earlobes and whatnot started to weaken until they just stopped working. I refused to believe it at first, but we'd call his name and he wouldn't respond like the other boys. We even placed toys around him that made noise and he didn't react to anything. But I eventually came to accept it. Now I just have to break the news to Edward when he gets back.

"Mum, did you hear me?"

I looked up at Jean and shook my head, "sorry, thinking."

"We are running out of nappy's and I was going to get some. Do you need anything from the store?" She asked.

"Umm, yeah, some flat binky's and a Snickers bar. Or maybe three," I said.

She laughed, "be right back."

When Jean left my mum turned to me, "you know what I think about her?"

"What?" I said, my eyebrows furrowing. My mum wasn't one to judge so I wanted to hear this.

"She's like one of those lesbians."

"Mum!" I whisper-yelled.

"Well..."

"She's bisexual, actually," I corrected. "She told me last week when her 'friend' came over for dinner."

"She hasn't told anyone else?"

"Yeah, Harmony, Cristen and Aliby but she doesn't quite get it yet."

"Well, what about Edward?"

"Said she was too embarrassed to tell him. Stupid really, because Edward is a part of the NO H8 club and he supports gay rights with a passion."

"Maybe he's gay too," my mum whispered.

"Mum!" My eyes widened and I laughed.

"Okay, okay."

"Edward's not gay."

"Oh I know, with all the babies he's had with you -"

"Mother, you need a Christening, immediately," I said.

"You know, your father was one of those calm in the streets, freak in the sh-"

"Mum, stop! I beg of you!" I said my hands over my ears. "Please."

She laughed, "okay. I'm sorry."

"Mum," I turned and saw Jean at the door with a officer. A military officer. I glanced back at the lot and they sent me skeptical looks. I just proceeded to the two.

"Yes, officer."

"Ma'am, I need to speak to you alone about your husband, solider Edward Styles."

I nodded and handed Fletcher to Jean before walking the guard through my house. I offered him a drink which he declined as well as food. That's when I noticed another officer at the door with a flag folded into a triangle at the door, Edward's dog tags on the top.

"No," I mumbled.

"His body -"

"No, please. This is some joke right? Edward's real shitty at jokes and all," I laughed.

"Ma'am, this isn't a joke. I am sorry for your loss," said officer number two. "We will have all of his things sent over as soon as possible but his body was not found. Sorry ma'am. We do send your family good wishes."

I was handed the flag and immediately started sobbing. I felt two pats on my shoulder and then I heard the front door close.

He's not gone; this isn't real.

"Mum, why were they here?" Asked Harmony as she walked through the patio door.

I sobbed loudly clutching the dog tags in my hand and the flag to my chest. Harmony gasped when she saw what I was holding and I watched as tears fell down her face.

"I'll get the others."

/5 Years Later/

"We gots invited to a party, mummy!" Said a happy five year old Fisher.

"I see, Fishy. Can you tell mumma what is says?" I was ironing the boys' suits while he read over the Brit Award invitation.

"Umm, The Styles Family as been, umm, skip, to the, umm," I smiled down at him.

"Sound it out."

"Bru-it Ah-words in, uhh, skip, of the la-eight Ed-word Styles." He smiled at me for the praise I had given him. "It's a party for daddy."

"Mhmm," I smiled.

"I can wear my blue bow?"

"If you can find it." I teased. He nodded quickly and hopped off my bed, running down the hall. "No running!"

"Sorry," he yelled, still running.

I rolled my eyes with a smile. Aliby came into my room with Jean and her girlfriend, Christen. Aliby was in a black gown with her hair curled up greatly and a bit of lipgloss. She was only ten so no makeup. Jean was wearing a plain red gown with her hair straight and cascading around her face. Chris has on black skinny jeans, a black vest, and a black dress shirt with a red bow.

"You three look great," I said.

"Thank you, mummy," said Aliby as she did a spin.

She left room when she heard the front door open. Jean sent me a smile while I laid out the last suit on the bed.

"Boys!" I yelled. Flynn was the first in the room, Fletcher in tow since he couldn't hear me call, and then Fisher with a blue bow strapped around his neck.

"Yes mummy?" Asked Flynn. I pointed to the suits on the bed and let them try to dress themselves.

"How are you mum?" Asked Jean.

I sighed, "surprisingly okay right now."

"It's okay. It's in his honour. He'd love this."

I nodded, "oh I know."

After fixing up the boys' little suits on them I combed their long, curly hair. Jean took them downstairs and Chris vowed to make them some fish fingers.

I showered and changed into an nice dark dress with nude heels. I decided to not put any make up on and I placed my hair into a bun on the back on my head. With a few accessories I left the room, Fletcher's hearing aid in my hand.

Downstairs, Fletcher was the first to come up to me. I kneeled down and placed the black object in his ear, putting the hook around it. I clicked it on and he smiled.

"You look very handsome, Fletch."

He smiled and poked my cheek. "Pretty."

"Why, thank you sir."

He walked over to the television and sat quietly. He was always quiet and kept to himself because his talking hasn't excelled yet. He's been learning though. I told him his father would be proud.

"You ready to go, mum?" asked Jean. I sighed and nodded.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

_______________________
An;

1 more chapter of AINE then epilogue

2 more full weeks in 2k14

3 more weeks until school (ugh hate)

4 more days until Night Changes and Louis' bday omg

5 more days until Christmas

{pls comment and let me know what you guys think okay? okay.}

b.horan