epilogue

/epilogue/

I watched as my wife paced around the living room, her head in her hands. I wanted to laugh at her odd behaviour, but I decided against it.

"Love-"

She cut me off, "they said you were dead. Was that a dream? Am I dreaming now?"

"Baby," I chuckled, "in US military, if they find your tags and not you within a span of a week then they have no proof that you're living so they assume you're dead. It's the only way to keep track of all the soldiers."

She sat beside me and cuddled close, sighing, "love you so much."

"I love you too, and I hope you know I'm not ever leaving you again. You're stuck with me now."

She laughed, " sadly, I'm quiet used to it."

"Good."

"Da-he!" Yelled Fletcher. Apparently he never used to talk and now that I'm back he's rocketing away. I haven't heard him silent. "Look, you!"

He held up a piece of paper with a drawing of me up. I gasped. "Woah, Fletch, best drawing ever mate."

"Tanks da-he. Ma and us made kuh-ees."

"Really?"

"Mhmm, but ma said no eat," said Fletcher. Blair rolled her eyes at how childish he was acting and I just chuckled.

"Hey mate, you go get me four cookies."

"Kay!"

He sped through the den and into the kitchen.

"He's never talked so much before."

"Yeah? Must be the curls," I said running my hands through my hair. Blair rolled her eyes. Fletch, Fish, and Flynn all ran into the den, laughing wildly as their curly hair flopped around on their little heads. Fletcher handed me the cookies and I took three of them, passing them out.

"Thanks daddy!" They yelled before munching on them happily.

At dinner, we all sat around the table. Me at the head of it of course, Blair right by my side. The boys sat at a smaller table and Aliby sat at the larger table with the rest of us.

As we were eating Harmony and Cristen stood up abruptly. Harmony cleared her through and smiled at me.

"As you know, dad, Cristen and I are engaged."

"Yes," I nodded, "still not liking the idea but continue." I joked.

"Well, we have good news to tell you." She reached over and grabbed his hand and they smiled at each other before facing me. "We're having a baby!"

I felt my eyes widen as my form dropped to my plate. "What the fuck!?"