/32 - Part II/

That tenor saxophone up there, yeah, I had to teach myself that in a week (bc I'm originally a clarinet player, aye). Today, I shall fail all attempts to get in jazz band, but I shall fail with confidence.

b.h.
_______________________________/32-Part II/

"So, exactly how is this happening? I carried your casket," I said, rather bluntly, to Joey. In my defense, she was dead. Or at least, I thought she was.

"They sent me to a treatment center in New Zealand and," I cut her off, feeling the anger that had risen in my throat spew out before everyone.

"So, you faked your death and went off to fucking NZ? Did you have fun?" I spat.

"Edward," Blair scolded, slapping my chest. Why is no one else mad? She lied, to all of us. Yes, I missed her, so much, but why did she do this?

"It's okay, B. He has every right to be upset," she said with a small smile to Blair.

"Well, care to explain?"

She smiled and grabbed my hands making me flinch, but I didn't pull away. "There was a very slim chance of me living. It was either stay here and die, or go to New Zealand's cancer treatment center and try their special. Even then, it was still a slim chance so I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up since all signs pointed to 'no.' So I staged my death and went off to Zealand to see what they could do. And honestly, it's a miracle I'm even here. You have to trust me, Edward. You know I wouldn't hurt you. Not intentionally, not ever."

I store at her for a long while and she sighed giving me a hug, "take your time, I understand."

"How long are you going to be here?" I asked.

"Well, I have to catch my flight in the morning -"

"No," I said, tears well up my eyes, "how long will you be here? How long?"

"Right now, we're looking at another year. The doctors aren't quite sure but it's no less then six months," she said with a smile.

I let out a laboured sob and hurried my face in her hair. "Why is this happening to you?"

"This could've happened to anyone, Edward? It's okay. Stop crying."

By now, I was sobbing so forcefully that Blair and my mum scooted everyone into the dining room for hot chocolate, leaving Joey and I to ourselves.

"Hey," she mumbled,"Edward, look at me."

She grabbed my cheeks and made me look at her heated tear-stained face. I sniffled.

"No matter what, you're always my big brother, and my mentor, and my best friend," she cried,"I know this is hard, but you have to except it or the pain would be much worse when I...you know."

"But Joey," she cut me off this time.

"Hey now, I love you, okay? Your the bestest brother in the whole wide world and I would never even think of asking for different one."

"I love you, too, Joey," I said hugging her tightly and leaving a peck on her forehead.

For a while, we just stood in each other's arms and sent out hopeful whispers of clarity and peace to each others minds. Joey had to make it through this. I can't just let her go. Not again. I was the one who broke the silence.

"I'm the bestest?" I smirked.

She smiled and mumbled, "shut it, Ed."

______________________________
A/N

Yay a part two before I leave for school. Ugh, Jazz Band auditions today. I'm not ready. Omg, I can feel the insecurities rising.

No way I'm getting in Jazz Band. 🎷🎷🎷🎷

b.h.