Some Writing Advice (о'∀'о)

I've had countless people ask me for writing advice; either because they're new, need to improve, or simply wish to attract more readers.
      Here I'll give you the best advice I could muster up!

      1) Your summary is the best way to attract readers!
It truly is! Whenever I browse through wattpad, I personally always read the summaries. If they're not well done I'll skip the entire book itself!
Never and I mean never put yourself down in your summary. 'This is cringeworthy' or 'My writing sucks' makes me automatically skip. It shows that the author a. Doesn't try or b. doesn't care for the book.
Don't drone on and on about the contents!
It's called a summary for a reason! Give a quick little 1 or 2 paragraphs.

2) If you don't like/ enjoy what you wrote, your readers won't.
One reason I've gained so many readers is because I truly enjoy writing this! Enjoying what you write will keep you updating frequently and keep your readers into it. It won't feel like a chore.
If you don't put effort into your writing, your readers will notice. I've seen spectacular books go downhill because the author didn't care for it anymore.

3) Research, Research, RESEARCH!
If you're writing about anything really, make sure you have an extensive knowledge on it. Whenever I get stuck, having extra facts gives me ideas.
The more knowledge you have the more detailed you could be. 'The antique bookshelf with stained contents.' Sounds a lot better than, 'The bookshelf with contents'

4) When you're stuck don't force yourself to write!
Whenever I get stuck and continue to write I either end up droning, or writing nonsense.
I usually take showers or read, ideas flow at random. You could also write another scene and connect the dots leading up to it.
Another tip is to look up writing prompts in that genre.

5) Very bad = disastrous
NEVER USE VERY! 99.9% of the time there is a better word for it. Very Good = Splendid, Very Nasty = disgusting, Very ugly = hideous, shall I go on?
When authors use Very outside of dialogue it seems they put no work into it. As I like to say it isn't fancy, it sounds like a 4th grader wrote it.
The only times I'd allow Very is in dialogue or placing extreme emphasis on something.

6) Don't be afraid to mix dialogue with action!
"Mixing dialogue with action," Takada started as she stuck her tongue out, "Is tasteful. It gives the reader an," She points at her surroundings, "idea of what the character is doing and their surroundings."

7) Grammar is important!
Grammar is literally what makes up a book. Bad grammar leaves the reader lost and confused. If you're unsure of yours ask someone else to check
It!
I may sound hypocritical here, I know I have my fair share of mistakes!

      8) When making a character...
When making a character don't create every single aspect at once! I've seen guides that have so much detail! Trust me when I say this, most of that information isn't needed.
      When you first make a character you need a handful of aspects those are:
~ The appearance (face, hair, eyes, body type, etc.)
~The persona (snarky, aloof, kind)
~The quirks! (Oh lordy, no one is perfect! Don't make the perfect princess, who always has everyone fall for her)
~What is their ultimate goal? (Save humanity, or watch the world burn?)
      Everything else you can add as you go along. No one's gonna want you to add unnecessary details.

      9) Don't describe characters in a bulky paragraph!
      This one isn't that bad, but don't continually describe characters in one shot.
      Give the reader some time to think something up; personally I never remember what a character looks like, it's too much info to process at once! In between dialogue say the characters (E/C) eyes glimmered, etc.
      This doesn't apply to outfits; the character shouldn't be wearing the same thing the entire story. 
       While this doesn't necessarily apply to scenery, don't do it constantly. Only for areas where the characters would repeatedly be. 

      10) Good and Bad Criticism
      As a writer, you should be prepared for criticism. Though not all of it will help you.
      Good Criticism is when someone wishes to help your story grow and prosper. (Ex: Instead of doing this Maybe this instead. This scene isn't very interesting switch it won't for something else) One main point is the person is giving you ideas to make it better.
      Bad Criticism is when someone wishes to watch your story burn. (Ex: This entire plot is bad! The author is creating utter garbage) One main point is the person isn't giving you ideas, and is just plain insulting.

      I hope this was useful! And keep in mind your story/ writing is like a baby. You have to nurture it so it grows!