Preparations

3rd Person POV

Ever since the announcement about the special ball was made, things had been different. All of the classes were preparing students for the big day. Boys were practicing chivalry, while girls were practicing how to be proper and flattering with their actions. 

Lalynn's POV

I was walking down the halls, trying to get a grip. Ever since the announcement, I've been stressing out. So many things would rush through my head. 

What am I gonna wear? What if I mess up when I dance? Am I even gonna dance? Who will ask me? 

I stopped to look at the plain white walls. I always found comfort when I stopped to admire them. I sat down on a nearby bench and just looked around. Then I closed my eyes. I told myself to relax.

"Relax . . ." "Just relax . . ." I let out a sigh. "Lalynn, just relax . . . " My eyelids grew heavy until . . .

"Looks like you're relaxin' a little too much." My eyes shot open. I jumped from the bench, grabbed the clothed arm that was reaching for me, and twisted it. I heard a cry of pain and saw a body on the floor. One that I recognized.

"Lacus?! You fucker! What the hell are you doing?" He looked up at me and groaned his response. 

"I was gonna just chat with ya," the poor guy said. I felt terrible. "Aww, geez. Sorry about that. Lemme help ya up." I knelt over and grabbed his hands. I pulled on his hands, when he yanked me down with him. I toppled over and landed next to him on the stone floor. 

"Haha! It never gets old!" That dingus was laughing his ass off while I was trying to get back up. Once I was standing, I glared at him and sat back on the bench. Soon after, he joined me. 

"So . . . what're you thinking about?" I didn't meet his eyes. I stared straight at those plain walls as I said, "Stupid stuff. Like the ball." I earned a confused look.

"Stupid? What make you say that?" I sighed and started to think. He's right. Why do I say that? 

I opened my mouth to answer. "I guess . . . I just don't like the preparations. It makes me nervous. I don't see why it's a mandatory thing, either. I don't have anyone to dance with." 

Then I felt an intense stare. I turned my head and looked at Lacus, who was staring into my eyes. 

"Really?" I nodded. He laughed. "That's awesome!" I looked at him in confusion. AWESOME?! 

He jumped up from his seat and locked eyes with me. "Would you like to go to the dance with me?"

I stared in shock. "Me?" He nodded. "Yes, you," Lacus replied with a laugh. I thought for a second, and replied with a smile.

"I would be more than happy to."

He smiled. We took a walk around the school, chatting about our friends, cracking jokes, making fun of each other, and all the while, I had only one thing in my head.

Maybe the dance isn't so stupid.