Tracing Footsteps

René was a good teenager. He had a serious nature, but whenever he saw Reinelle, it was like he saw a part of him that had died a long time ago. He cared about her oh-so-much, which is why he practically glowed when he saw Reinelle smiling at him. Despite the fact she punched him in the gut.

Reinelle, on the other hand, didn't even realize she'd see him again. She thought René was just a little crush she had, but when she saw René again, she felt something different. It was like whenever she saw him, a pot of emotions started to stir up inside of her. So it was never bad when René decided to pay a visit.

"René? Is that you?" Lalynn called. She ran over to where Reinelle was kneeling beside him and smiled. "It is you!"

Lalynn chuckled when René told her that Reinelle punched him in the gut. 

"It's always good to see you," he teased Reinelle. She rolled her eyes.

Lalynn suddenly saw a shadow behind her and she turned around. In front of her was a familiar guy, one whose lilac hair left quite an impression on her. 

"Lacus!" she exclaimed. Lacus let out a laugh and smiled. 

"Lalynn! It's good to see you." 

Lalynn smiled and rolled her eyes. She found it amusing to tease Lacus. She'd never get tired of it. "I wish I could say the same," she said, laughing as Lacus's smile turned upside down.

Misaki and Hazel were in for a surprise of their own when they saw Trident and Mika approaching them. And with them were three other boys. 

"Trident, Mika! Hi!" Hazel smiled at them, making Trident's heart do a double take. Mika's eyes were glued on Misaki, who pretended not to notice. Then there were the other three.

"Who's the nerd?" Zillana whispered to Hazel. Hazel chuckled. 

"Oh, this is Noah Wheeler," Hazel said, gesturing to his nervous form. "Noah, this is Zillana." Noah held out a shaking hand. Zillana smirked and shook it. 

"Hi," she said.

"H-Hi," he replied. 

Zillana laughed. "Ha! You're a cute one," she said. Megan nudged her. "What?" Noah was blushing a little too hard as he adjusted his glasses.

"And this is Jamie Freelance, everyone. Jamie, this is Megan McGartland, Zillana, as you know, and Giselle." Misaki stepped aside to allow for them to greet each other. 

"Hey!" He smiled at all of them. But his smile was a little too wide when his eyes landed on Megan.

Then there was the last boy. He was gorgeous. He had pale skin and blonde hair, parted to the side. His strong jawline and shining red orbs made him even cuter, and he had pretty nice muscles. He might've been competition for Trident. The girls hadn't seen or met him before. Mika sensed this and immediately stepped up. 

"Oh! This is Gordan Smith. He was told to tag along," Mika said. The girls smiled and introduced themselves. 

When the girls were back to socializing with each other, Giselle said, "Did you see that Gordan dude? He's pretty hot!"

"Giselle . . ." Megan drew out her name. 

"I'm sorry. Just stating the facts," Giselle spat.

The girl's bickering was a distant hum as Reinelle looked up at the sky and back at René. "So . . ."

"So?" René pressed.

"Are you going to tell me why you are here?" Reinelle looked at René with serious eyes, only to be met by a smirk. "Don't tell me it's a" -- Reinelle formed mock quotations -- "'surprise.'"

René shook his head. "No. I wasn't planning on saying that," he said.

"Then what were you planning to say? Why are you here, René?" Reinelle looked René in the eyes.

"We are here to trace your footsteps."

"René . . ." Reinelle let out a frustrated sigh. "I told them so many times. I don't remember anything!" Her friends might think that it was hard for them, but it was harder for Reinelle knowing that she had been so dedicated to a mission, then suddenly her memory was gone. Disappeared.

"I know . . . Which is why you are coming with us."