The Battle Begins

Reinelle had filled her friends in on all of the discoveries. Turned out she had missed a lot, too.

Lalynn had gotten Lacus and his gang to help find out why Mr. Stevenson was teaching CoveOps instead of Mr. Wilson. They hadn't figured anything out yet, but they had taken action. Lacus, Trident, and Kai worked on placing the bugs around Mr. Stevenson's room, and René and Mika were working on listening to his conversations. When the boys found something, they would let the girls know.

Reinelle started to think about what Madame Kennedy had said:

"The Circle has spies everywhere, and a lot of times they don't even know each other."

She wondered if Mr. Stevenson had something to do with the Circle.  She shuddered at the thought of it. The Circle, inside the walls of Sanguinem academy, all to get revenge. 

In the meantime, all the girls could do was wait for Madame inform them on their little "field trip."

Daniel Stevenson laughed as he walked into the empty CoveOps classroom and locked the door. He rook a seat and started to think.

"Those boys . . ."

Daniel knew very well that Lacus and his friends had placed bugs in his room. He had taught them how to do that. He wondered how they could actually think they could outsmart him. What Daniel wasn't aware of was that the boys had managed to outsmart him.

René smirked when he saw footage of Mr. Stevenson smiling in such a cocky manner. He watched his teacher search through piles of papers. Mr. Stevenson would slam a stack down in anger, then go back to searching in a new one. René motioned for Mika to come and look, who was reading a book in Russian.

Mika observed his teacher's movements carefully. "René."

"Hm?"

"What do you think he's looking for?" Mika had a feeling that it had to do with the reason Mr. Stevenson was teaching that class.

"I'm not too sure. Hopefully, we'll find out soon." René was about to close the laptop, but stopped halfway to the cover. "Should we tell the girls, or should we wait?"

Mika said, "Let's wait. We need to first find out whether he's looking for something confidential, or if he's just misplaced some new homework assignments." René nodded in agreement.

"That's wise. I'll tell Lacus, though."

René got up with his laptop and started to head to the library. That was when Mika thought about something.

CoveOps homework assignments were all field missions. Never paper assignments.

Homework was the last thing Mr. Stevenson was searching for.

Megan walked over to Reinelle's room and she answered quickly. Zillana and Giselle we're excited to visit their friends. Giselle and Zillana were close to the group. The girls ran inside and tackled everyone to the ground. Reinelle groaned, for she was the one at the bottom of the pile. Kayla was the only one who didn't physically get tackled, but she decided to jump on top of the, and shout, "Mush pit!!"

Once everyone was settled in, the girls started their conversation about the Circle. "I have a bad feeling about Stevenson. What happened to Mr. Wilson? He was doing a great job, he couldn't have gotten fired," Zillana said. The girls agreed.

"I mean, it's possible he had a mission to attend to for the CIA. They may have just needed a fill in." There was silence in the room. It was possible.

"Wait, Reinelle. Why'd Madame Kennedy tell us to meet in your room?" 

Reinelle shrugged. "I'm not sure. But she mentioned something about a field trip before I left her room yesterday. Maybe it has to do with that?" Reinelle suggested. Megan nodded.

"Maybe."

When Madame Kennedy finally came into their room and shared the news, the girls were both excited and shocked. 

"So we're going downtown on a CoveOps mission? Won't Mr. Stevenson get suspicious?" Giselle asked. 

Madame Kennedy smiled. "Oh, don't worry, he won't. I've taken care of it. Al you girls need to do is pack. We're leaving tomorrow at 4:00 AM."

Lalynn looked at Kayla with a skeptical look. Kayla asked the question that was on everyone's mind. "4:00 AM? To go downtown? It's thirty minutes away from our school."

"Yes, that's true. But we're going to be making a few other stops that Mr. Stevenson doesn't know about. I'm bringing a guest, too."

Reinelle's eyebrows shot up, and she shared a look with Megan and Lalynn.

"A guest?"

She nodded. "Yes. A few of them, actually." She stopped them from asking any more questions.

"Now. That's all I'll be saying about that. Start packing girls, you've got a big day ahead of you."