Memory

"You don't remember anything?!"

Every girl crammed into that tiny room cried in disbelief. Reinelle stared at her disappointed friends in shame.

"No. Nothing."

"But you remember us, right?" Megan asked.

Reinelle have her a questioning look. "Who are you again?" Megan glared at her. "Ha. Funny," she said.

"But you seriously remember nothing?" Misaki asked.

"I don't. I just know that I went to Ireland. I went there because I wanted to find the rest of the song lyrics. I don't remember anything else after that. But I was gone for a few days, yes?"

The room became completely silent and the air gave off awkward vibes. "Is there something you guys are not telling me?" Reinelle asked after a pause, leaning forward.

"Five . . ." Giselle mumbled. She started to trail off when Megan cut her wide eyes at her. Zillana placed her hand on Giselle's shoulder to quiet her down. But it was too late. Reinelle knew what she heard.

"Five? Five days?" The girls stayed quiet. Lalynn kept her eyes locked on her feet as Kayla shook her head.

"Five weeks?" Reinelle tried again, growing frustrated. Her anger was starting to barbecue in her ribs.

"Months," Giselle said. Reinelle's eyes went wide.

"Five months?" Reinelle cried. "Months! Oh my Lord, I was gone for five months!" The girls expected Reinelle to panick and start wondering what she'd done, but she had a completely different concern. "Think of all the work I missed!" The girls cut their eyes at Reinelle and stifled their laughter.

They were ready to explain things to Reinelle about what she had missed when they heard three knocks on their door.

Reinelle rushed to open the door and moved to the side to key Madame Kennedy in with a tall man at her side.

"Hubba hubba," Giselle murmured. If the man heard her, he didn't show it. The girls didn't know who he was, but Reinelle knew already.

"Ladies," Madame Kennedy started. She closed the door and offered the man a seat. He sat down on a chair by Reinelle's desk. The girls kept their eyes glued on him.

"It's time I introduce you to Agent Jason Lennox of the DIA."