New Encounters

The plane that was parked a few miles away from the academy wasn't flying. But just the sight of it made Lalynn feel queasy. She wasn't the biggest fan of plane rides, you see. So when she saw the plan parked on the cement and imagined it flying, she tried her best not to fall on her side and vomit.

"Hey, Reinelle?" Lalynn turned around completely, thankful that she wasn't looking at the plane anymore. 

"Yes?"

"You okay?" Lalynn moved closer to Reinelle and patted her shoulder. "This seems so sudden."

"Yeah, well . . . I'm fine. Thank you, Lay," Reinelle said. She picked up her bags and walked over to Kennedy, who was busy arguing with Lennox. 

"Aunt Pat. " Madame Kennedy pivoted and looked at Reinelle. The girl was in a black trench coat and was wearing dark shades, her hair was twisted into a bun on the top of her head. Her heeled boots added the final touch, making her look just like a typical spy. Madame Kennedy beamed with glee.

"Reinelle! Look at y--"

"What is going on?" Reinelle put her bags down and crossed her arms, looking Madame Kennedy square in the eyes. "I want answers."

"Answers" -- Madame Kennedy chuckled and stroked Reinelle's arm -- "are something you'll have to wait for, my dear niece." Madame Kennedy walked away with pride in her step. Normally, Reinelle WOULDVE admired that. But at that moment, Reinelle wanted to throw her bags into the sea to prove a point.

The wind blew with such force, Reinelle felt like she was being blown away. She took in the sight of the abandoned field where the planes used to rest. Now there was only one. Her friends were busy socializing. Megan with Zillana and Giselle, Hazel with Misaki, Lalynn with Kayla. It was all one big group.

Reinelle smiled at her friends when they weren't looking, glad that she had such a wonderful group of girls as her friends.

Then she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Reinelle swiveled around and punched her "attacker" in the gut. She heard a groan and a thud. When she actually took the time to look at who the person was, she felt a pang of guilt, joy, shock, and confusion. Many emotions.

"What the hell?" Reinelle kneeled next to the boy who laid on the ground. She rested her hand on his arm and apologized.

"Oh no. I'm so sor--"

 But his face was all too familiar. The way his black hair was blowing with the wind, the speak of mischief in his eyes that appeared whenever he looked at her. Only her. It was very familiar. Reinelle looked at him with happiness shining in her red eyes. The boy looked at her with a faint smirk, trying his best to sit up. 

"Well, well. You still got it," the boy said. His deep voice made Reinelle smile. She hadn't realized how much she'd missed the boy in front of her until she actually saw him again.

"Only the best for you, René."