Deranged Eyes

Reinelle was busy wandering through Johnson's old empire. In an area with no supervision. . . .

The truth was that Reinelle had wandered a little too far. She was in a small little room in the castle that she assumed none of the tourists had found. It was barely lit, the only source of light being the sunshine seeping through the stained glass windows. 

Reinelle looked around as she kept her ears perked up on high alert. The last thing she wanted was to get thrown out of a bright pink window. Just then, Reinelle decided to take a closer look at those beautiful glass rectangles.

The windows were long, running from the ceiling to the floor. Each was covered with designs, from top to bottom. Patches of pink, green, yellow, blue, red, and purple color covered the walls. Reinelle shuddered at the memory of another room on another peaceful day. Just like this one.

Then Reinelle realized why the room was so dark. Amongst all the colors, she saw a spiral pattern on th floor, just blotches of turquoise, lavender, pink, and a little bit of a faint orange. Reinelle's eyes looked up to see the most stained glass she'd ever seen. (Picture above)

Above was a complex spiral shooting color down below. The spiral was shimmering, it's smaller sections glowing with brightness. Reinelle felt a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. She was in love.

She turned back to the rectangular windows and studied the patterns carefully. 

"Is that . . ?" Reinelle trailed off when she realized that the designs on the windows were constellations. 

That was when she heard the music. A faint noise drifting over to her ears, something like classical music. She turned around and followed the sound. Reinelle had no idea she was humming along to the the tune. She was halfway across the room when she heard the door fly open.

In the doorway stood a slender figure, average height. Reinelle realized the figure was a woman as she walked into the room. Reinelle quickly stepped back, going over the options in her head:

A) Find out who this woman is and find out if she's lost.

B) Break one of the stained glass windows and jump out the window. (But for this, Reinelle needed to know if she had secret flying powers. She doubted it.)

C) Punch the woman in the nose and run out of the building.

Option A, Reinelle thought, was the way to go. But before Reinelle could ask the woman who she was, the woman said, "Finally. I've been waiting to meet you, dear. I've 'heard' so much about you!"

Reinelle backed away. She saw the woman's psychotic eyes and felt the fear course through her body.

"You've heard so much about me? I'm sorry, I don't believe I know you."

Another figure appeared in the doorway at that moment. This one Reinelle recognized immediately.

"René?" Reinelle saw that there was something off about René. His eyes seemed dull, they didn't have their usual shine to them. His eyes were trained on the woman with deranged eyes. 

She seemed to see Reinelle looking behind her, so the woman turned around and smiled widely. With outstretched arms, she approached René, who was moving backwards.

It suddenly hit Reinelle that René looked afraid. And angry. Very angry, actually. He scowled at the woman in front of him as he distanced himself from her as much as possible.

"Come now, René. Weren't you going to introduce your girlfriend to your mother?"