An Oddly Familiar Trip

"Rene?"

"Yes?"

"Why does this seem so familiar?"

Reinelle sat in her seat on the small plane staring out the window, eyeing the plains and hills far, far below her. Something about this area seemed familiar to her.

"I do not know. Perhaps you've been here before?" Rene questioned. He was focused on the controls in front of him and getting the plane to their destination safely.

"I'm not sure. I have another question for you." Reinelle leaned forward and peeked into the control area. Rene glanced in her direction before refocusing his eyes on the controls. He let out a long sigh. 

"What is it?"

Reinelle smirked. "Since when did you learn to fly a plane?"

Rene smirked back at her. "Since I was enrolled into the Sanguinem Institute." Reinelle smiled at him.

"Ah." Reinelle seemed to ponder over a question she'd been meaning to ask for a while. She ignored the sounds of the girls and boys in the back of the plane chatting, and the sounds of agent Lennox and Madame Kennedy arguing. 

"What's the Institute like?"

Rene gulped. He sat at the controls, focusing on the sky just outside of his window for a few moments. But his thoughts were elsewhere. The Institute wasn't his favorite subject. 

"The Institute?"

"Yes. The Institute." Reinelle cocked a brow at Rene's hesitance. "Are you alright, Rene?"

"Yeah . . ." Rene trailed off. "I'll take you to the Institute some day. You can see for yourself what it's like." 

That seemed to bring back the smile on Reinelle's face. "Really?"

"Yes. Really." Rene smiled at her for a few seconds, then brought his eyes back to the sky in front of him and the several meters in the control panel. He regretted telling Reinelle that he'd take her to his school. Any boy who attended the Institute would. Lacus, Mika, Jamie, Noah, Gordan, Kai, Trident, any Sanguinem Institute boy. The Sanguinem Academy girls didn't deserve a visit to their school. Not because the school was too good for them.

But because they were too good for the school.

When the students stepped off of the plane, Reinelle was bothered by the knowing breeze. "What is this?" she whispered. The students kept walking until they reached their destination.

When they finally arrived, Madame Kennedy clapped her hands and told the girls to enjoy the view. The land was green, and there was a large castle in front of the group. Megan smiled.

"Woah. This is so pretty!"

Jamie nudged her and whispered, "Not as pretty as you." His smirk got on Megan's nerves.

"Wow, real smooth. You know, I'll set you on fire if you open your mouth one more time," she said. Jamie opened his mouth to protest, but Megan started to dig inside her tote bag and pulled out a small box of matches. Jamie's eyes widened.

"Why do you have matches with you?" Giselle asked. Megan shook her head.

"Don't ask."

Reinelle stared at the castle in shock. She turned to René and punched him in the gut. He clutched his stomach and groaned, "Why?" 

Reinelle gave him an icy glare. "Tell me why we're in Ireland. Right. Now." 

"Oh, so you figured it out, huh?" Reinelle shot him another icy glare and showed him her balled fist. 

"Oh, so you want another, huh?" she mocked. René backed away with his hands up, the universal sign for I Surrender.

"No, I'll pass."

"Why. Are. We. Here?" Reinelle pressed, her face inches away from his, her stare was eye level. René tried his best not to blush.

"We . . ." René looked away, then looked back at Reinelle with an equally icy stare.

"We're trying to get your memory back. And we start in Anabelle's empire."