Getting Ready (Part 3)

Hazel's POV

I know I'm pretty. I just do. But you never see me showing it off. That's why I'm hyped about tonight, because it's the day I have a reason to show off my beauty. I am so ready.

I rushed over to my closet door and yanked it open, excitedly grabbing my dress from its special hanger. I quickly walked into the bathroom, where I threw off my uniform and slipped into my green dress. I walked out of the room, owning my pazazz!

"Kayla? Whaddya think?" Kayla turned around and gasped

"Oh my gosh! Hazel, yes! I love that dress, it's perfect for you. See, I told you I had good taste in fashion," she said while nodding. I looked offended.

"Gurl, you know damn well I picked this out. All. By. Myself." Kayla clapped mockingly.

"Ooohoooohooo, look who finally grew up!" I rolled my eyes and smiled. Misaki turned around, seeming annoyed, but immediately lit up at the sight of my dress. Reinelle turned around and smiled, and Lalynn screamed with joy.

"YASSS QUEEEEEEN!!" Lalynn said while clapping.

"I. Love. It." Reinelle said with a nod of approval. Her reactions always made me laugh.

"Hazel, I'm so proud. You own it girl!" I gave Misaki a hug. She hugged me back and handed me a pair of emerald earrings. My eyes glowed.

"Here. I bought these for you after you showed me your dress. They should go perfectly with the color. Reinelle's looking for some heels." I smiled and clapped my hands.

"Thank you so much!" 

I ran over to the bathroom and put my earrings on. I opened the door to see Reinelle there, holding a pair of emerald green heels. "These. Wear 'em." 

I quickly slipped on the heels. Reinelle smiled. "Perfect. Now, go over to Kayla. She'll do your hair."

My heels clacked on the wooden floor as I strolled over to Kayla, who had a curling iron ready to go in her hand. I sat on the stool by the dresser and let Kayla worked my magic. I watched as she put the curling iron aside and started to part my hair, braiding them at a fast rate.

 I watched as she put the curling iron aside and started to part my hair, braiding them at a fast rate

"Viola! Do you like it?" I smiled. My hands went to the bottom of my curls, bouncing them upwards.

"Like it? I love it! Imma knock the socks off those boys, just watch."