F I F T Y - T W O

Ashton Min

Brr... Cold. It's so cold. I groaned as I stretched my back and lean back my head— Ow!

That hurts!

While I was in the process of feeling pain from the back of my head, the wind whistled and blew past behind me causing me to shiver. The crispy sound of wood creaks slowly making me realize that I am a bit of awake.

Yes, I am still breathing. Adequate.

"Hmm..." I moaned, feeling the exhaustion of my body. Why do I feel like I ran a thousand miles? And why am I tied up in a— wait.

My eyes shot open, seeing nothing but darkness, a slit of light from the window behind me beamed a line, the only thing I could see clearly. My body then trembled in nervousness. Where am I?

And— I looked down on myself, realizing that I really am tied in a chair! Thick ropes were tied tightly hugging my upper body, causing some of my skin to turn purple. Ouch...

I need to get out of this chair! I struggled my way to be untied, yet to no avail.

In the midst of panicking, the smell of the wind and the burnt walls suddenly caused my mind to flash back what has happened.

Seokjin sunbae. Kyungsoo sunbae. Tied. Beaten. Bleeding.

My eyes widen. "Sunbae!" I whispered in fright. I need to get out of here. I need to save them!

I groaned, trying to move hard, but my body was too tired and in pain from all the things I've done!

Just then I knew I needed to call out loud. "S-Seokjin sunbae!" Oh, please do reply. "Sunbae!"

Why do I feel like someone's eyes? The wind blew once more through the slits of the bolted window.

I tried once again, "Kyungsoo sunbae! Kyung-kyungsoo sunbae!" Stuttered. I hoped that they'll hear me. I knew it was impossible for them to do so, yet I tried and tried again. I need to see if they're safe, unharmed... but that's impossible, isn't it?

With one last puff, I shouted on top of my lungs. "KIM TAEHYUNG!!!" For a second, I realized whose name I just called. A name I knew who won't even dare to rescue me. The one and only suspect I know wo i behind all of this. "TALK TO ME, KIM TAEHYUNG!"

I waited for a reply. Time ticked. Wind blew. Wind whistled. Yet I got nothing. I didn't receive any of the expected. However, a deep chuckle came... from behind me.

I swallowed.

My eyes widen and my skin shivered, my heart beat nervously. Someone... is actually behind me from all this time.

Slowly, I turned my head to my shoulder horrified. But no, I couldn't see the man behind all of this. It's too dark for me to even guess.

With all my courage mustered up, I dared to ask. "Wh-who are you?"

I expected a fast and straight answer, but the suspect enjoys to play the suspense game a little more, so he chuckled. This time, deeper. I knew all of this, yet I am still afraid.

"I a-asked you!" I stuttered through my fake courage facade. "Who the heck are you!"

The wood creaked when he stepped on it, the wind whistled hard causing dusts to fly all over the room from the outside, fanning the back of my body. I shivered, in fear.

I heard a deep auible sigh from him before he covered the moonlight with his arm, and with one strong pull, he has tore down the wood that was nailed from the window.

Crack, smash it sounded. Little pointy twigs from it jumped towards me, leaving half painful scratches.

I swallowed a lump on my throat.

Moonlight was now clearly shining down at us from the window, making my back cold. The light shone down directly at the floor, only seeing my body tied in a chair as the shadow. Just then I saw the shadow of the man from behind me.

Tall. Slim... and familiar.

My eyes narrowed. "Kim Taehyung?" I called, both relieved and confused.

He didn't say anything once again, but still chuckled. But I saw him shook his head from the shadows. I couldn't look back since I was tied in a chair, but I can totally say that that's Taehyung.

"It is you." I assumed.

Yet the man walked slowly towards me. I held my head down. The heels of his shoes continued to tap the wood, walked its way until it reaches in front of me. He stopped, shoes can be clearly seen since the moonlight was shining at it.

With one nervous breath, I looked up at him, hoping that it is Taehyung.

My eyes softened when I saw clearly the same eyes, the same bangs that covered them, the pointy nose and those familiar kissable lips. Something inside me pricked my heart painfully, but relieved at the same time. A small smile formed in my lips.

"It is you." I softly called his name, "Kim Taehyung."

He only looked at me lifelessly, his head tilted at the side checking me from top to bottom. Then suddenly, he shook his head. "I told you before, haven't I? I'm not Kim Taehyung."

My brows furrowed. "What?" This is insane. "How come you're not Kim Taehyung when you look just like him?"

The man in front of me who looked exactly like Taehyung shook his head slowly as he bore his eyes into me.

Scared suddenly, I asked once more. "Th-then... who are you?"

He chuckled as he formed a smirk on his face. His fingers then touched my cheek, slowly lining the tip of them towards my ear. He pins my hair at the back of it before he takes my chin and pulls it up for me to see his face.

"Read my lips, honey." He licks them before he says. "Kim. Nam. Joon."