-50-

We played rock, paper, scissors for who would have to drive back home and I surprisingly didn't lose. I'm always terrible at rock, paper, scissors. Josh walked around the car to the driver's side and got it. Christina got in the passenger's and that left me and Max in the back. 

I sat there just listening to music for a little bit and decided I might as well start editing the video. I keep my old laptop in my car, mostly for this reason. I turned my personal hotspot on and grabbed the camera. Once I got the SD card out, I put it in the side of my laptop and downloaded all the footage.

I put my earbuds and opened everything. While I was waiting for everything to load, I was about to start playing music but I heard Josh speak. "Now that Y/N cant hear us, can I ask you a question, Max?" I didn't know if I should listen in to this or play music so I couldn't hear it. "Yeah, what is it?" Max responded. 

I looked into the rearview mirror and so did Josh. He gave me a devious smile and mouthed the words "don't listen". I responded with a scared and confused look. I quickly averted my eyes back down to my laptop and started listening to the video so I couldn't hear anything but a muffled conversation.

-Max's POV (ooOO)-

"Now that Y/N can't hear us, can I ask you a question, Max?" Josh said. "Yeah, what is it?" I asked, growing curious. It took a moment for him to respond but his tone also grew a little quieter. "Do you... uh... by any chance, possibly, maybe, kind of have feelings for Y/N?" He asked.

I froze and looked up from my phone. I could feel myself falling into a deep shade of red. "Uh... why do you ask?" I replied. "Because it kinda seems like she does," He said in an even quieter voice. I looked over at Y/N to make sure she couldn't hear us. 

"Well, why do you think that?" I said while doing my best to stay calm. "I'm her twin. Yanno, twin telepathy and all that," He said. I laughed in response. "No, but really. In all the time I have known her, she never acts this way. She tends to be quiet or just doesn't care, but then with you, she's much more bubbly and cracks jokes all the time," He spoke. I looked down. I didn't know what to say.

"Uhm... well-" I started. "I'm sorry, I know this was kinda out of the blue and unexpected, and I definitely didn't mean to overwhelm you, I'm just curious," he added. "I understand. But to answer your question, yes. Yes, I do," I told him. Christina spoke up, "Aww, you guys would be absolutely adorable together!" I nervously laughed while also completely dying on the inside.

"I agree with Christina. But also, I'll give you some advice. Don't rush things even if you know you both have feelings for each other. Once you feel like you are really really close and the best of friends, then make a move. I know for a fact once she gets really close to someone, she will show it and subtly let you know how much she likes you. I've seen it happen while we were growing up," he said. "Thanks for that, I appreciate it," I replied.

He gave a nod in response. I smiled and looked down at my phone again. I pretended to go back to scrolling through Twitter, but in reality, I was just thinking. Thinking about it all. What Josh said and how I feel. This is turning into a mess of thoughts now.

-time skip and also Y/N's POV again-

Once we got back home, Max and I both went up to our shared room. I set my laptop down on my desk and the backpack I brought, against the bed. Max put his backpack next to mine and sat on the bed. I started editing again, my goal was to finish it so that I could post it today, but it might take a while. Max sat on the bed and scrolled through Instagram for a while. 

I heard him get up from the bed. He walked out into the hallway, I assume to go to the bathroom or get a snack. I laughed to myself when I got an idea. I decided this was the perfect time to scare Max. I quickly got up from my chair and sat on the rug next to the bed. I slid under the best I could while being able to look out and see the doorway to the hallway.