Chapter 1

John's POV

"What? Mom, Dad, Seriously! Give me a reason why I have to marry her. I don't even know her. Who the hell is she? Damn it!"

My eyes widened and my eyebrows raised at the news that I had had a fiancé since I was ten years old. My face turned red along with my anger flared inside me. I was speechless at my parents' words.

"She is your fiance. Don't say 'damn it' in front of us. Where are your manners, son?" my mom, Annie snapped while glaring at me.

I glared at them. How could they do this to me, to their own son? How could they arrange this without asking me? I am the one who is going to have to marry her and spend the rest of my life with her. Didn't I have the right to choose my own wife? I laughed humorlessly at them.

"Son, I won't take no for an answer. You have to marry her. This is an order, not a request," my dad, Daniel growled and I frowned.

"You can't do this to me. Mom, Dad! I obeyed all of your words back then, but this wasn't right. How could I marry a stranger? I don't even know her face."

I closed my eyes for a while while rubbing my forehead. I had been obedient to my parents since I was young. I couldn't disobey their words for some reasons too. I heaved a sign. I had tried my best to understand my parents but I couldn't. I was too furious for that.

"Stop arguing with us! We agreed to this marriage. On Friday, you will have to go to Alaska and fetch your fiance. I already told Ren about that. I booked a suite at the Alyeska Hotel. This is my order. You are not allowed to go against it." My dad ended the conservation, not letting me say another word, and went inside the bedroom. My mom also left me alone in the living room.

I leaned my back against the sofa and ran my fingers through hair. My dad had left a brown folder that contained facts about my fiance on the table in front of me. I was startled at my dad's words when he mentioned my fiancee was from Alaska.

I opened and took out the paper inside. I was relieved at the sight of her name.

"Gina Meirs, who the hell are you?" I huffed and my anger came back.

I didn't see her photo on the paper. So, I looked inside that folder but there was nothing like that.

"No Photo? Huh! Are you trying to play hide and seek with me? How dare you?" I threw that paper and the bag back on the table. How dare she?

"Gina Meirs, you want to become my wife, huh? Hmmm, you will regret this." I said with a brittle laugh.

I went upstairs to my room and grabbed my car keys. I didn't want to stay here right now, and I also didn't want to see my parents. I need some time to be alone. I decided to go to my office. I had work to finish.

When I arrived there, everyone greeted me with smiles. I shrugged them and went up to my office. Most of my employees didn't dare to talk to me on my way to the office. I was frowning and gritting my teeth the whole time. My blood was boiling inside me and I was ready to kill someone who dared to mess with me now. I am sure anger was obvious on my face.

My assistant, Louis followed me inside my office. He gave me the reports of this week.

"Leave them and get out," I snapped.

He nodded and left without a word. I leaned my back in my chair. I did some breathe in breathe out and attempted to cool my anger before I started on my work. I had to make my mind focus so that I wouldn't think about that marriage.

I saw the mistakes in some reports. They were not a big deal but they were irritating me. I told Louis to call them who wrote those. I smirked. They are going to die.