Chapter 31

*Hello, my lovely fans, I am back. I am sorry about late update. I am busy with my finals and exams. My life is being difficult these days 😁😁😁 I felt like ages updating my story so I updated today. Hope you enjoy this 😘😘😘*

John's POV

I don't want to go back.

My parents were now packing our tents and camping stuffs and so did her parents too. Today was the last day of our picnic and the last day for me and Chrissy being together. I didn't want to say goodbye to her but I had to. Our lives were waiting behind and we had to go back. We had to face the reality. I heaved a sign.

Sometimes I wished I could stop the time. I really wanted to do that right now. I didn't want to see her disappear from my life. I wanted to stay beside her, take care of her, and protect her. I wanted to see her pretty face every day and every seconds of my life. I shook my head. I couldn't do that. It was impossible.

Fate was cruel. We were from different place. I didn't know when we would meet again after this. She lived at the thousand miles away from me. She was from Alaska and I was from Las Angeles. I signed. I sometimes hoped that she was a doll. So, I could keep her in my hands as my possession.

I didn't sulk at my parents. I knew they couldn't do anything to make her family stay. So, I stayed silent. I enjoyed every single moments with her but time flew so fast. We had to go separate now. We had been together for a week and that week was the happiest week ever in my life. She came into my life.

My heart jumped out when I heard her say that she wanted to marry me. At that time, I wanted to jump till I reached the heaven. I couldn't believe my ears. She wanted to marry me? I was beyond my happiness. I wanted to marry her so badly but unfortunately, I was only ten years old now. I couldn't marry her. It was too young for us.

I was now sitting on a bench as I fixed my eyes on my toy which was my favorite. I got it from my grandpa who was a famous car engineer. He personally made it as my birthday present when I was five. Now, he was gone. He died two years ago because of liver cancer. It was his last gift to me and I treasured it a lot. He was such a great grandpa and I love him so much. I didn't let anyone to touch it except my parents and now her.

The word goodbye was aching my heart right now. I knew myself clearly that I had to bid farewell to her but I didn't dare to. I couldn't even look at her straight. I avoided her as I could. I also couldn't sleep last night. My mind was in mess.

Part of my heart was bleeding while other being angry at our fate. The thought of her going away from me was hurting me. It was painful to think. I saw her, coming towards me from the corner of my eyes. I didn't look at her because I knew I would end up making her upset. I was in the state of bad mood now. She called me. I didn't respond. I wished she would go back to her parents soon but unexpected thing happened.

She snatched my toy quickly from my hands and threw it away. My eyes widened with a shock. It landed into the stream. My anger rose to peak as I yelled at her. I went beside the stream and looked into it. She followed me and barked numerous questions. I didn't know what happened to me at that time. Her voice was pretty annoying to me and I couldn't calm myself.

I was so angry that I glared at her while clenching my jaws. Her face went white. I startled. I had frightened her. I shifted my eyes back to the stream immediately before I looked like a beast to her.

Her dad took her away. I flinched as I heard her sobbing in silent. I wanted soothe her but I didn't. I was really angry that she threw my toy. She did wrong. I carefully looked into the stream. I was glad that the water was clear and it made easier for me in searching.