Chapter 34

*Yay I managed to update early. Enjoy*

I dedicated this chapter to my inspiration these days. She made me update my story fast. Thank You for your lovely comments, Amelia

John's POV

What was wrong with her?

She was screaming like hell and I didn't know what to do. I pressed the emergency call button quick as she started to try pulling the insertions out of her body.

"Chrissy, calm down. Don't do this you will hurt yourself," I convinced, hugging her tight because she was struggling so hard on the bed and I was afraid that she would fell down from the bed.

"GO AWAY. PLEASE DON'T CHASE ME. PLEASE DON'T EAT ME. GO AWAY. GO AWAY." She shrieked. She was kicking her hands and legs violently that her IV insertion went out from her knuckle.

"Chrissy, you are hurting yourself. It's alright now. You are safe. Chrissy, calm down. I am begging you, please," I begged. My heart was throbbing with aches, seeing her in this condition. It was all my fault that she became like this.

A doctor and some nurses rushed in and I moved away from her. The nurses held her hands and legs tight while the doctor injected something into her arm. "What happened, Johnny?" Her parents along with a mid-aged doctor came inside. I stared at them. I didn't know what they were saying. My brain stopped working at that moment and I just watched at them, dumbfounded.

"Say something, John Fredericks," my mom snapped, looking irritated at my expression. I shook my head roughly in order to bring my mind back to reality.

"Ummm ... She is awake now but I don't know what had happened to her. She started screaming and struggling like a-an in-sane. I don't know what is wrong with her, Auntie, Uncle. I am sorry." I stammered. I didn't know what to do anymore. Seeing her being insane was enough to kill myself. I didn't deserve to live.

Her parents patted my shoulder, "She will be alright. Let's wait for her, okay?" I lift my eyes to them. They were so nice although I did the worst to her. I forced a smile, "I am sorry."

My parents were staring at her when I looked at them. I sighed. They were so worried about her. A one mistake I made gave worries and sadness to both of our families. I bit my inner cheeks forcefully while I glanced at her. The doctors were checking her conditions while the nurse was putting her IV insertion back. Her face turned peaceful again as she fell asleep.

"She will be okay. We gave her some anxiolytics. She will wake up after an hour. Don't worry." Her doctor smiled and cheered us.

"Doctor, why did she act like that? What happened to her?" her dad asked. All of our eyes shifted to him, hoping to know her condition.

"I guessed she was suffering some delusions. She must be very frightened back in the forest. We can't say exactly for now. We have to wait and examined her conditions when she wake up." The doctor explained. Both of our parents nodded with some acknowledgement but not me. I couldn't nod or say any words. My body froze at his words.

I hurt her not only physical but also mental. My heart was screaming with pain. I was so bad. Why did I become like that? Why did I do that? She is precious to me, isn't she?

My legs were cold and trembling so much that I couldn't stand properly. I felt like I am going to collapse. I had many sleepless nights because of the heavy guilt in my heart. I couldn't find the answer for this incident. I was like a lost child, searching for his parents.

I sat on the couch and did some breath in breath out. I was disgusted of myself that I made her like this. I wouldn't forgive myself for the rest of my life for this no matter other people forgive me including her. I couldn't stop blaming myself. Her parents went towards her and checked her. I sat still and watched them while my parents were beside, glaring at me.