Chapter 26

Gina's POV

"Congratulations, John. You both are heavenly made couple. Perfect couple."

As the time passed, our engagement party became lively. The guests congratulated and complimented us. We couldn't rest or sit for a second. We were busy entertaining them.

John introduced me to Kimberly. She was wearing a white bodycon dress and she looked stunning. She smiled at me while holding one of her husband's arm.

"Hello, Gina. You are so gorgeous. Congratulations, you two. Finally, I got to see you engage, John. I was wondering you would stay single forever. Haha." she scoffed and John frowned at her.

"Thank you, you look stunning too." I replied.

"I couldn't stay single after I met Gina. She stole my heart." John interrupted us and winked at me. I blushed a little and averted my eyes to the ground.

"Haha, she is such a beauty. No wonder she stole your heart. Anyways, congratulations. Invite me to your wedding too. I wanted to see you two marry." she smirked.
"I will. Don't worry about that. You will get to see us marry.

"Congratulations, John and Gina. I wish you two happy." her husband congratulated us and we nodded at him. Then, he and John started chatting and I chatted with Kimberly too.

"Thank you for accepting John as your husband, Gina. I was so happy when I heard your engagement. He is cruel and stubborn. Most of the girls couldn't tolerate his behaviors including me. I didn't like his arrogance. He is such a bastard sometimes. We quarreled a lot too." she blurted out.
"Oh really! It's okay for me. I think we worked out because we have same behaviors. I am also not a good girl." I chuckled.
"I knew. I graduated from Oxford like you too. I know your behaviors especially heartbreaking." she giggled and we both bursted out laughing.

She was so friendly and we became friends as we talked more. She also told me about John's school days, how he treated everyone and how bad and cruel he was. I enjoyed listening to them. I had a great time with her.

Later, his dad went on the stage and turned on the mic.
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. thank you for attending my son's engagement. Today party is a memorable day. I would like to congratulate my son, John and my lovely daughter in law, Gina. Congratulations. I finally got to see you engage. I couldn't wait for wedding too. Everyone enjoy yourself and also give some applause to our newly engaged couple." he congratulated us and everyone clapped. We smiled and bent our waist a little to show our appreciation.

After that, John led me to the stage and we opened a champagne together. We also sliced our three tired ivory cake which was decorated with some white roses.

Then, we went to the dance floor. It was so beautiful with a large beautiful chandelier was hung down from the ceiling at the middle of the dance floor and the corners of the dance floor were adorned with many white roses.

A slow music started playing and John bent his waist and offered his one hand to me. I smiled and went into his welcoming arms. We danced to the music. He gave me some light kisses on my forehead and sometimes on my lips. I leaned my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeats. Everything at that moment was so romantic and perfect. I wanted to keep this moment forever in my heart.

I was so happy. I wanted to be like this forever. If I can stop the time, I would stop here. John caressed my back and that sent me shivers down to my spine. I felt hot inside my body and I blushed. He was torturing me. We danced for two songs.

While I was resting on a chair after the dance, I saw Mark, Emily, Lauren and Kendra went inside the hall. They looked around and they saw me. I knitted my brows at them. They arrived late to the party.